Monday, August 26, 2013

Homeschooling Monday

Well, this is it, day 1 of 7th grade for Hannah.  She wanted to be home schooled again, so after a lot (and I mean A LOT) of prayer and discussion, Chuck and I agreed.  While I love the whole concept of homeschooling, and totally agree with it (and totally disagree with Common Core, but that's a different subject/rant) Hannah's home schooled 4th grade was not fun, for any of us, so after talking to other homeschoolers and groups and looking at websites, we decided to follow the Easy Peasy curriculum.  It has every day already set up (go ahead Hannah, argue with the computer) and it's free (perfect for us).  It's set up so Hannah is (mostly) in control of her school day, learning at her own pace, and her own likes and dislikes.  This year she'll be covering math (geometry and algebra), a foreign language (Spanish), language arts (poetry), history (ancient Egypt), science (biology), computers, music (pray for me, she wants drum lessons), and art, and of course our faith with be incorporated into all of this, and we are both very excited.
There is now a tab at the top of this site, and it will connect you to Hannah's very own blog, where we will share links to other homeschool sites, book reports, field trip pictures, and maybe a few teen drama scenes. 

















I tried to take a "surprise" natural picture, but Hannah saw me, and ran to fix her hair first, lol.  But here she is, hard at work.  So my kitchen table is not just my office anymore, it's also now a class room.
When she posts on her own blog hannahshomeschooldaze, I'll share the link here.  Please feel free to visit her, and comment, she's looking forward to meeting all of you. 
Be blessed,
Debbi

7 comments:

Angie @ Knick of Time said...

I hope this year is wonderful for you and your daughter, Debbi! I've been homeschooling for over 17 years and have just 1 of my 4 kids left schooling at home, so it's easy for us, because it's all any of us have ever known, but I know it is more difficult for families who haven't homeschooled from the beginning.

I will tell you that it is worth it! I wouldn't trade the time I've had with my kids for anything.

Blessings,
~Angie

Unknown said...

Hope everything works out for both of you this year! I can't imagine life any other way with this being our 11th year! Oh and my kids play drums and the electric guitar, gotta love it!

Your Invisible Crown said...

Poetry lessons sound like a lot of fun. Wish I had those in school!

must love junk said...

I admire you-good luck to you both! :)
Susan

sarah said...

Good luck to you both! I look forward to reading about it. We keep thinking about homeschooling, but haven't made the jump.

Tasha said...

Good for you!!! I've heard nothing but good things about easy peasy and love the way it is set up. This is going to be a much better year for Hannah and can't wait to learn more about her journey.

Anonymous said...

Way to go, I home schooled our youngest daughter (many learning issues) through four grades of high school. She passed her GED on first attempt, so I must have gotten something into her head. You have so much freedom to establish her learning in a manner that she can use.

John

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016