Saturday, August 24, 2013

New finds from the Treasure Cove

The other day, we spent the day running errands, and for our reward, we stopped at our favorite local antique shop, The Treasure Cove in Taylorsville NC.  Want to see what I found?
(now please remember I took these pictures with my phone, and Picassa can only help so much, lol)
I love how someone took these vintage hand drills and created a towel/coat rack.  It gives me an urge to ransack Chuck's work shop, but he told me to keep out. hahaha
In the same booth I saw this wonderful corner shelf made from a vintage wooden door.  Chuck just shook his head and walked away.  How did I ever fall for this man????  :-)
Vintage electronics is a real love of mine, and the design on the speaker of this radio is just great!
And lastly.....my downfall.....furniture
I just love old cupboards, and side boards, and dressers.  This one had a wonderful old latch, and when I opened the door, I was engulfed with the lovely old musty smell from a cupboard that has been used for generations.  I told Chuck that when I "redo" my kitchen, I would love to toss out all the cabinets, and just line the walls with old cupboards like this.
Now I'd like to leave you all with links to a few of my favorite vintage lovers blogs.  I get to live out my hidden vintage desires thru them, and it keeps my home from getting too cluttered.  :-)
Kris from Junk Chic Cottage
Susan from Must Love Junk
and Angie (who lead me to them) from Knick of Time.
If you enjoy vintage, you'll enjoy them.  Till next time....
Be blessed,
Debbi

9 comments:

Isobel Morrell said...

Not sure that I'd don't agree with Chuck's attitude although I can see how YOU'd like them!

I beat you to it tonight - by just a minute!! Amazing thing technology - I still never cease to be amazed by it (as well as being terrified of it!!).

Have a great week-end. Isobel

Unknown said...

What a great shop - LOVE that old cupboard!!!
Came by because you left such a nice comment on my post at Junk Chic Cottage and am so glad I did - I'm definitely your newest follower ( gfc and google + )
Hugs,
Suzan

must love junk said...

Oh, I love that old cabinet, too!
Thanks for mentioning my blog-so sweet! :)
Susan

Your Invisible Crown said...

Love the old cabinet! I wish I had space for one of those, so I could show of my plates and vintage teacups.

Unknown said...

I like the vintage radio, beautiful

Unknown said...

LOL Isobel...I do like them, but not enough to bring them home. Lucky Chucky. hahaha

Unknown said...

Hey Suzan...thanks for stopping by. I follow you too, but thru bloglovin. :-)

Unknown said...

Isn't that great? now while I like the smell of musty things (old cupboards and books) I'm not so sure about putting dishes in there that I eat on, they might get musty too. :-P

Colette said...

Love that coat hanger. what a great idea they had! way to recycle those hand drills!

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016