Tuesday, October 29, 2013

HAF - True Blue

Hey everyone...taking a minute from our Florida vacation to bring you this weeks Handmade Artists Forum blog ring artist feature.   And the theme is "True Blue".


First up this week is this gorgeous Lapis Lazuli Cabochon from the wonderful shop of Rasmussen Gems.
This stone was purchased in the rough in a bazaar in Kandahar, Afghanistan, and then John cut it in his own lapidary at home, and set it in this wonderful yellow brass setting.  Delicious!

Pam at A Bead Thing does an amazing thing with beads.  She weaves them.  And when she weaves them, she creates unique pieces of jewelry.  Like this Turquoise Cats Eye beaded ring.
I love rings, and these flowers are one of my favorite pieces in her shop.
I love the look of this one of a kind vintage button bracelet created with different vintage pieces.
Lisa at Uniqlets has an amazing talent of seeing beauty and new life in items others might just toss in the trash.  This bracelet is made from buckles, and buttons, and rhinestones.
Sometimes, simple is best, and while these lampwork bead earrings may look simple, they are perfect!  April is the talent behind these earrings, she created every bead individually from glass, and their perfectness amazes me.  Check out her lampwork creations in her shop, BrooklynBeadGoddess.
My favorite blue stone has always been turquoise.  And I'm amazed with wire wrapping, so when I saw this Sunflower wire wrap necklace in Colette's shop, I had to share it.  She used 2 different shades of turquoise stones and sterling silver wire in this pendant, and the finished product is
true blue!



That's it for this artist feature.  Now it's time to go back and play with my great-grandbabies!

Be blessed,
Debbi

7 comments:

Your Invisible Crown said...

Blue is such a gorgeous colour! Hope you are enjoying your vacation.

april grinaway said...

Hi Debbi,
Thank you for including my Lampwork Glass Bead Earrings. I appreciate you taking the time out to make this beautiful blog post.
Brooklyn Bead Goddess

Colette said...

What a lovely collection. Thank you for including my necklace

Anonymous said...

BLUE, BLUE, BLUE -- great blog.

Thunder Rose said...

Great post! Love your choices. I especially like the piece from Colette.

Lisa said...

Lovely post, thanks so much for including my bracelet!

Eyelah said...

nice blue picks!! I really like the first pendant.

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016