Thursday, November 7, 2013

the "handmade" family

Would you like to know what's great about the handmade community?
Family.
I have have know all my life that most (not all) artists are truly the most friendly and sharing group of people, and since I've started selling my creations on line, I have made so many new friends there too.
And some have become family.  Let me share with you my newest family member.
Monika from MyEuropeanTouch.
(Monika - me)
I first "met" Monika many years ago when we were both selling on Etsy.  I had totally fallen in love with a violin that she had mosaic-ed.  It was gorgeous.   Fast forward a few years, and I had left Etsy and started selling on Handmade Artists.  Well, who did I run into in the forums?  You guessed it....Monika.
Then, just a few weeks ago, we were in her neck of the country visiting family, and when I sent Monika a message about meeting for coffee....she did not hesitate to squeeze me into her very busy schedule.  (She had just purchased a new condo and was in the middle of moving and unpacking).
I am so glad she did, because dinner with her made my vacation complete.  Sometimes you meet a person that you feel like you've know forever, and that's how it was with us.  Instant BFF's lol.
( And yes, I totally believe that it was God who brought us together. )
(my hubby Chuck and Monika)
And not only did I enjoy our visit, so did Chuck (the proud recipient of one of her mosaic doves).
(Monika - me - Hannah - Brandon - Chuck)
Now here's a new family photo, one I will proudly display on my wall.
Love this handmade community!
Be blessed,
Debbi
Post a Comment

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016