Thursday, November 7, 2013

the "handmade" family

Would you like to know what's great about the handmade community?
Family.
I have have know all my life that most (not all) artists are truly the most friendly and sharing group of people, and since I've started selling my creations on line, I have made so many new friends there too.
And some have become family.  Let me share with you my newest family member.
Monika from MyEuropeanTouch.
(Monika - me)
I first "met" Monika many years ago when we were both selling on Etsy.  I had totally fallen in love with a violin that she had mosaic-ed.  It was gorgeous.   Fast forward a few years, and I had left Etsy and started selling on Handmade Artists.  Well, who did I run into in the forums?  You guessed it....Monika.
Then, just a few weeks ago, we were in her neck of the country visiting family, and when I sent Monika a message about meeting for coffee....she did not hesitate to squeeze me into her very busy schedule.  (She had just purchased a new condo and was in the middle of moving and unpacking).
I am so glad she did, because dinner with her made my vacation complete.  Sometimes you meet a person that you feel like you've know forever, and that's how it was with us.  Instant BFF's lol.
( And yes, I totally believe that it was God who brought us together. )
(my hubby Chuck and Monika)
And not only did I enjoy our visit, so did Chuck (the proud recipient of one of her mosaic doves).
(Monika - me - Hannah - Brandon - Chuck)
Now here's a new family photo, one I will proudly display on my wall.
Love this handmade community!
Be blessed,
Debbi

9 comments:

myeuropeantouch said...

Debbi, ya had ta make me wipe a tear.....(smiff)....I so did enjoy meeting you all and yes, it was like old times and we have known each other forever. I shared with Glen, that his presence was expected and I didn't know. So next time he will be there....
P.S. My throne is installed and it helps my back so much, that was really Glen's intention on this housewarming gift....LOL
What a sweet man....
later babe....♥

Colette said...

Awww, ilove it! So nice to actually meet people you feel like you've known for a long time, but actually never met.

Your Invisible Crown said...

Great that you got to meet up. I love that even though the internet can be quite an anonymous place, it's still possible to meet people and meet new friends :-)

Anonymous said...

Anyone who gets in the area of the Upstate of South Carolina, feel free to contact me. I can't travel to other areas (wife's health issues), but if y'all get in the Greenville, SC area, let me know. Great that you met with Monika, thanks for the pictures. Wish I was there with y'all.

Yankee Burrow Creations said...

you're not that far from me...maybe next time we're heading to Florida we'll make a minor detour for coffee. :0)

2justByou said...

It's so great to connect with people and become friends. It's awesome that you found Monika again at Handmade Artists. =0) Excellent photos, and I thank you for sharing with us.
Have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

So much fun to finally be able to meet your online family in person! We have done it a few times and it is like long lost friends coming together.

2justByou said...

PS - You had stopped by my blog earlier in the week and asked what a plank is. I had no way to reply to the comment, but I wanted to let you know that it's an exercise that engages your core. And it can be pretty tough!
=0)
Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad I stopped by your blog too. I haven't been here in awhile.

Thunder Rose said...

I love this! How cool and fun. You all look great.

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016