Wednesday, January 8, 2014

I have no pictures to share with you today.  
And no links or handmade items either.  
But I do have a story to share.
A family story.  
And since my family does not read my blog (those fools) I don't have to worry about anyone bugging out about my story.

Now I must let you know, right now, that my family has more nuts than a peanut farmer.
(If you are truthful, yours probably does too. lol)

Last night I called my older sister in Buffalo NY.  We'll call her Dawn (because that is her name).  We were catching up on the weather and my son's trip home with the baby at Christmas.  Then she filled me in on family sicknesses (since I live in another state, apparently I'm on a need to know basis for family health matters).  (Thank goodness for Facebook or I would never know ANYTHING).

Anywho...during the conversation Dawn fairly shouts out...

"Do you know where Kathy is?"

In case you didn't know, our sister Kathy passed away in 2000, so this question really made me pause...then I asked...

"Kathy who?"
"Your sister Kathy?"
"Um, dead?"
"Yes!.  But Marty (her husband) buried her near Mom".

Up until now Kathy's ashes have been in an urn on their fireplace mantle right next to their beloved dog.  Marty was suppose to spread her ashes in Allegheny State Park where we camped as a family every year (and most of them still do).  
But Marty couldn't part with the ashes (they were high school sweethearts and together for over 30 years).  Well, in 2009 he finally decided to bury her.  (The dog may still be on the mantle).

I got the feeling that both my sisters were upset that they never knew...but to me it doesn't matter.
Because I know where my sister really is, and I will see her again one day.

Family....gotta love 'em!

Be blessed,
Debbi

4 comments:

Colette said...

Awwww! thank you for sharing this story Debbi. Kind of brought a little bit of tears to my eyes. And you're right; we know where our departed loved ones really are :-)

Miss Val's Creations said...

Family is a wacky thing! I'm sure Kathy will remain in everyone's heart. You will be laughing about this with her when you are together again.

Unknown said...

I was laughing during the conversation. I'm not sure Dawn saw the humor in the situation...but she also knows that we will see Kathy again. So it's all good. :0)
Debbi

Mary Hill said...

Hi, this was sweet and funny all at the same time. I am glad I have my sister still with me.

Mary-andering Creatively

Mary-andering Among the Pages

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016