Wednesday, April 23, 2014

A Handmade Artist Feature - Quilts by Elsie

Today I want to share with you an amazing textile artist, Elsie Vredenburg.  She is the driving force behind The Craft Star shop Quilts by Elsie.  Here is a quote from her bio page,
I am an award winning professional quilter, specializing in traditional and pictorial quilts. I also do longarm quilting, and have a line of patterns for pieced lighthouse and barn wall hangings. I also will make custom quilts to order. I teach workshops in freezer paper piecing and other techniques. My workshop listings can be found on my website, www.quiltsbyelsie.com.
My quilts have been shown in many national, local and regional quilt shows for the past 25 years.
Elsie is also very involved with various aspects of The Craft Star, and I love having her in my google+ circle.  She is a warm and supportive "friend".  Now let's check out some of her amazing creations.



Here is an amazing example of her bed quilts.  I love the colors and pattern of this Feathered Star Medallion queen size quilt. 




If you're looking for something smaller, how about a quilted wall hanging?  Here is a Crimson Rosella for all the bird lovers out there.


And you can go even smaller with a photo magnet.  They are photo's of her original quilts, and this one is my favorite.  Yep, cause it's in shades of orange. lol.







You can hook up with Elsie on Google+ where she's a regular on our live sales, and other TCS events, read her blog, like her Facebook page, she's on Twitter, and check out her wonderful pins on Pinterest.

oh, yeah, before I end this, Elsie, whatever happened to the quilt challenge?
(You need to hang out with us on Google+ to understand this, lol.)

Be blessed,
Debbi

6 comments:

Your Invisible Crown said...

Those quilts look amazing, what a talented artist!

must love junk said...

Wow, Elsie is very talented!!
Susan

Unknown said...

Wow, Debbie, I didn't know you were going to do this. Thanks so much. You put in a lot of time searching my Craftstar shop to find all this info.

Isobel Morrell said...

Thanks for the intro, Debbi! Actually, I read her latest blog before reading this one! Trust me to do it back to front, eh? Have shared her take on a memory quilt with my daughter, who has undertaken the task (sometime in the future) of making some using shirts, ties etc. of Peter's. It might give her another idea or two!

Unknown said...

that sounds wonderful. be sure to share pictures when/if it gets done. I have over 1000 pieces cut for a texas star quilt still waiting to get put together. lol

Unknown said...

The parrot looks amazing, I like the bright colours.

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016