Monday, April 28, 2014

Homeschool Monday - Mom's as teachers

I know mom's wear many hats....nurse, cook, maid, chauffeur, and many more.  But a homeschool mom wears a few more...teacher, AND principle, AND secretary.   So with Mother's Day just around the corner, I thought I would scope out some special handmade gifts for the homeschool mother.

OK, I had to pick this teacher scrabble tile necklace to share, because "I'm the mom" if one of my favorite lines.  Now I have 2! lol  I found this in the shop of Scrabble Babble Boutique on The Craft Star.
This next gift idea is from one of my favorite shops at Handmade Artist, Blue Highway. All teachers need notebooks, and this handbound notebook set gives not just one, but two books, one lined and one unlined.  I know that personally I go through notebooks like crazy, tracking classes, and projects, and now our social obligations.  Your teacher/mother will certainly appreciate these.

Every book (or journal) needs a bookmark.  I love this silver teacher bookmark I found over at Zibbet. It was in the shop of Carelebeads.

So there you have it...great ideas for the mother/teacher in your life.

Remember, when you shop handmade, you support small businesses and families everywhere.

Be blessed,
Debbi

12 comments:

The Needle House said...

You are so good at this and write so many blogs. I envy you. I can't come up with stuff for once a month.

Unknown said...

Thank you, Debbi, for sharing my books and shop here! A heartfelt thanks to all the moms and teachers out there!

Isobel Morrell said...

Like the book mark!

Your Invisible Crown said...

I love how colourful those notebooks are, fun!

Unknown said...

The bookmark is a great gift idea.

Unknown said...

why, thank you! and I'm sure you can too. just write about what you love. and I love handmade. :0)
Debbi

Unknown said...

you're welcome Andrea. How's island living treating you?
Debbi

Unknown said...

me too!!!

Unknown said...

I'd need at least a dozen. lol

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Andrea has the best looking books ever!

Unknown said...

it is very pretty....

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016