Monday, July 7, 2014

Getting Ready For The Fall Season

Saturday I was able to spend the morning with a good friend of mine, and our typical "dates" consists of shopping (usually at A.C.Moore) and Mexican for lunch.  While shopping I noticed that....
FALL ITEMS ARE OUT!
This is something that I am still struggling with as a business woman, planning seasons ahead...it's hard to crochet scarfs, hats, and mittens while lounging by the pool. hahaha.
Now I have to tell you I love my local craft supply stores where I can not only look at, but touch and feel and compare yarns and beads and paints.  But what bothers me is all the imported items.  Seriously? Are there no companies in America making crafting supplies and home décor?
Of course there is....starting with The Craft Star.
But as an artist, I need supplies, so I relied on Google search and here is what I found.
(These are listed as they came up in my search, not by my preference.)
 
This is not a retail site, but a listing of companies that we can support with our business.  They cover everything, not just supplies.
 
 
 
 
Joann Fabrics (boy do I wish there was one in my area) offers fabric that is made entire in America.  You can chose from 26 styles all in 100% cotton.
 
 
 
 
Here are some other websites that are actually listing sites (and I plan to list my shop on many of these).

 Reemploy America
 
 
So, where do you get your supplies?
 
Be blessed,
Debbi


3 comments:

myeuropeantouch said...

You go girl...I am 200% behind you....Monika

Shared....

Miss Val's Creations said...

I love that we are seeing manufacturing coming back to the United States. There is the same problem with jewelry findings. I only find sterling, gold and pewter products made in the U.S. The costume pieces are made overseas.

Isobel Morrell said...

Until now, much of my furry fabrics have come from an upholstery factory about 10 miles from where I live. They are the off-cuts that would otherwise end up on the community dump, so I feel I'm definitely a re-cycler. In about a months time, I moving right away from the area I've lived in for nearly 6 years: so will be having to start out all over (that is once I've worked my way through my enormous stash!!

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016