Thursday, July 10, 2014

I'm Just Rambling On

It's been a busy past couple of weeks, too busy actually.  What ever happened to the slow "dog days of summer".  Remember as a kid that summer was stretched before us as a long lovely season of nothing but sleeping in, playing with friends, and just having fun?  There should be a rule that when we become adults, our to-do lists should become null and void during the summer. Yeah, I wish, :0)
So, would you like to know what's up in my little patch of sunshine?  Over the winter I watched all 7 seasons of Clean House on Netflix, so of course I had to purge my house and have a yard sale.  It took me weeks to sort through all my "stuff".  It's amazing how much "stuff" you can accumulate over the course of 15 years.  But the yard sale was good, and my house is a little less cluttered.  Now to relax with my family and look forward to new summer challenges.
This past Tuesday we took the kids to our local water park.  Yes, we have a pool, but at only $5 per person, it was a nice family outing.  Of course, I forgot my camera so I didn't get the great shots of Chuck and Hannah on the water slides or the lazy river, but I just had to catch this on my cell phone.  It tickled my funny bone, which is not that difficult.
And yesterday Hannah and I hosted a girls jewelry making party for our homeschool group.  Of course, I forgot to get out my camera, but we did have a good time.  I loved seeing the next generation of artists and jewelry designers explore the wonderful world of beads.
Yesterday I also got my square reader in the mail....so I am ready for the craft show season.  Tonight I'll be scoping out our local farmers market, and making a list of local craft shows to visit and/or participate in.  The problem with southern craft shows is the HEAT!  I'll probably stick with the local farmers markets, because they are cheaper, and in the evening or early morning when it's cooler.  Plus I can go as many weeks as I like, and even skip a week or two if I have a scheduling conflict.
AND, as part of my blog book review commitments, I received this new book from Random House Publishing.  I am so excited and can't wait to learn new techniques.  Look for my review on this book in a few weeks.
 
So, how has your summer been so far?  Hot?  Busy?  Are you in any local craft shows?
Tell me, what's up in your little patch of sunshine?
 
Be blessed,
Debbi


5 comments:

Your Invisible Crown said...

Looks like you have been having a good time. I guess some people do need to be warned about not taking a dive... A craft party sounds like fun! Over here not much summer yet. It actually seems like we skipped the whole season and fast forwarded to fall. Lots of rain and I am wearing a sweater. Yikes!

Miss Val's Creations said...

Your summer sounds full of fun! It is so fun to see children crating. How exciting you got the square reader! That will surely bring you more sales. :)

For the first time since adulthood, I'm actually having a kind of lazy summer after transitioning to self employment. I figured it was time to enjoy the beautiful weather. Hopefully I will become a workaholic again come fall!

Yankee Burrow Creations said...

enjoy the transition! :0)
Debbi

2justByou said...

I love that you and Hannah hosted a jewelry making session! That's so awesome to read about.
You showing off your new square card reader just reminded me that I need to get one of those!
The heat is definitely a problem with craft shows. I hope you'll keep us updated on how it all goes.

Unknown said...

Crafting party sounds fun.. When my daughter turned 7 (?) we had a slumber party and I drug out a bunch of "stuff" for the girls to make things with, they had so much fun.
Oooo the book looks like fun!
Summer is going by too quickly for me this year!

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016