Tuesday, September 30, 2014

A Busy End Of Summer

Wow, I haven't been here much at all this summer.  I don't know why, we didn't go anywhere or do anything special.  I know that I have been busy online working for The Craftstar, which put Yankee Burrow on the back burner for a little while, but I think I finally have a good working schedule.  But for now let me share with you some fun pictures.

 My cute grandson discovered Ravioli


Our homeschool group had our first gathering with a pizza in the park party.  Our group has almost doubled in size from last year. :0)


The weather got cool enough for some childhood comfort food.  Tuna and peas on toast, yum yum.  I remember my mom LOVING this stuff, but she called it s**t on a shingle.  Chuck remembers eating this in the Navy. lol


In August we discovered a young stray cat living under the shop.  Chuck felt bad for it and started feeding him.  (Yeah, he's a softie at heart <3)  Within a few weeks Tom moved onto our back deck.  He still won't let us touch him (yet) but he loves it when we come and sit out there.  He just meows and talks to us and lays under our chairs.  He hangs out by our back door, mostly because of our female cat Patches, BUT when we take our dog Pee Wee out, Tom will rub right up against him.  He's bigger than Pee Wee, so Pee Wee is not too sure about this.


The word must have gotten out because a few weeks later, Little One moved onto our porch.  Tom shares his food without too much argument.  Little One is super cute, but super skittish.  I finally have him to the point where he will stay on the porch when I come out...but he watches us closely.


The last Saturday of September is the Hiddenite Festival of the Arts, and we attend most every year.  This year they put an actual rope around the tractors, instead of just the keep off signs that all the kids ignored.  Owen was disappointed. lol


And this????  One of my favorite reasons for the fall season!  Totally bad for me, but totally tasty.  I'm still waiting for the pumpkin spice coffee creamer. :0)

So how was your summer?  Busy?  Relaxing?  Stressful?  Fun?  Share your story with a comment.

 Be blessed,
Debbi

4 comments:

Thunder Rose said...

Great pictures Debbi. Your Grandson is adorable. He is having a lot fun.

myeuropeantouch said...

Girlfriend you have been busy.....but your pix made me smile....I still will call ya, just running around with too many docs appointments...
hugs and love, Monika

Your Invisible Crown said...

Any chance you are sharing the tuna recipe?

2justByou said...

I was pretty absent from my blog for most of the summer as well. I have multiple posts started and in my drafts...Just never went back to finish!

That tuna sounds really good. It's just tuna and peas and that's it? I'll have to try it some time. Something new!

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016