Thursday, October 2, 2014

Tuna and Peas on Toast...otherwise know as...

I have some requests on my last blog post for the recipe for this...

My Mom used to call it S**t on a Shingle, but I prefer
Tuna and Peas on Toast.

You start with a white sauce, I use the one in the back of my trusty Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book.  Yeah, it was new way back in the 1950's when my Mom first got it, and I "borrowed" it from her when I got married in the late 70's.  So here it is...

White Sauce
medium (1 cup)
2 tbs butter
2 tbs all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup milk
Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat.  Blend in flour and salt, and dash white pepper (I use black).  Add milk all at once.  Cook quickly, stirring constantly, till mixture thickens and bubbles.
The I just add a package of tuna (no water) and a can of peas (drained).
Heat through and serve over toast.
Yum Yum!
Simple, easy, and very cheap...I mean...inexpensive.  :0)
Enjoy!

Be blessed,
Debbi

1 comment:

LanasArtStudio said...

I love tuna sandwich for easy lunch... this is great recipes for kids lunch as well!

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016