Monday, September 15, 2014

Something new...and a little bit scary

Life here has been hectic lately, besides homeschooling, my blog (which I have sorely neglected), my shop, creating, fall and holiday craft shows, and promoting The Craftstar, I just entered a writing contest....and boy am I nervous.


I have written poetry in high school (in another life time), and then most recently I started to write short stories (again), which you can find under the Yankee Burrow Storytime tab and on my writing blog Debbi's Shorts.  I have always enjoyed writing, and since I have gotten some nice comments on my short stories here, when I received the email to enter this contest, I decided to just close my eyes, plug my nose, and jump right in.
Wheeeee.....
First prize is having my story published...in a real book!  Wow.
Now to decide what to write, I'm thinking of expanding one of my short stories, but I don't know which one...what do you think?




Should I do this? Should I not? Ugh....please let me know your thoughts, before I make a complete fool of myself!

Be blessed,
Debbi

2 comments:

Miss Val's Creations said...

Hi Debbi, You should definitely go for it! Otherwise you will be wondering "what if". I would say to go with your gut with your choice of story. Maybe the one that is most meaningful to you? This sounds like an exciting opportunity!

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

YES!! You should do this! You will be wonderful!!

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016