Friday, September 19, 2014

"The Remaining" by Travis Thrasher

I just finished a book written by Travis Thrasher, called "The Remaining".
It's a novelization based on the Affirm Films Thriller of the same name, and let me tell you, that while I don't usually read scary books, this one was...



AWESOME!




I finished this book in just a few days, and with my time spent on crafts, business, homeschool, cooking, cleaning, and all that jazz, I just could not put this book down.  (Yeah, not much cleaning or cooking went on for those few days, lol).  It literally kept me on the edge of my seat.

The characters were interesting, and the writing style was great.  I really felt like I got to know every character personally before the bottom fell out of their lives.  And boy did the bottom fall out...



The premise of this story is what happens when God snatches away His Church, or as some people call it, The Rapture.  While I didn't agree with all the fine points, (timing and physical changes), this book is still a good jumping point for those who wonder "what will happen".  For me, it's fiction based on a real future event...one I look forward to daily.

I highly recommend this book, and I am actually considering watching the movie when it comes out...but I won't watch it alone. lol

Now I'm off to prepare for tomorrow's craft show.  I love fall craft shows.

Be blessed,
Debbi

Tyndale House Publishers provided me with a complimentary copy of this book for my independent review.

3 comments:

Miss Val's Creations said...

This book sounds cool! I used to read Stephen King novels when I was younger. I wonder how I would do with scary books today. I certainly can't watch scary movies!

myeuropeantouch said...

Would love to read this book, as I am looking forward to the real future event too. I like to see how others see it in their fictional writings.
Maybe I will get it...
Hugs Monika

Your Invisible Crown said...

I'm horrible when it comes to scary books and movies. I just watched the trailer, and the movie looks very scary!

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016