Monday, January 12, 2015

Carrying On Another Family Tradition

As y'all probably know by now, I love tradition.
When my kids were growing up, it was our family tradition to get everyone together to bake our Christmas cookies.  We used an old family recipe, and all my sisters and their kids, rolled, and cut and frosted everything in site.  We would have up to 17 people crowed in someone's house, and chaos usually ensued.  But boy was it fun!

So this year, I guilted asked Amanda to bring over Owen so we could continue the fun.  While there was only us...it was fun.






First it was the boys turn.  While I made the dough, and took the pictures, Amanda was in charge of rolling.  She can be a perfectionist, but she did well letting the boys make a bit of a mess. lol


Ahhhh...two perfectionist sisters working side by side.  You know I stayed out of this one. lol.  And while the girls were working....


...the boys were playing.  Owen would hold Brandon down while PeeWee licked his ear.  Who needs video games when you can have fun like this? haha

Now it's time for the frosting.







No, we don't get fancy with the frosting, mostly because we spent most of the time telling the boys not to eat the frosting. :0)

Time together...that's what we need more of...family traditions.

Share with me some of your family traditions that you try to keep alive.

Be blessed,
Debbi

6 comments:

Miss Val's Creations said...

What fun family photos! My mom is quite the cook but we never had a cookie baking tradition. My childhood friend did though so I used to go over her house every year to bake and decorate. Of course that also included eating enough sugar to feel quite ill from!

Your Invisible Crown said...

As a kid I loved eating the dough! I wish I had a bigger oven, mine can barely fit a pizza (but fortunately, it can :-). So baking cooking needs to happen in multiple batches. I think it's too much of a fuzz baking them, so I almost never do. But if I had a bigger oven, i'm sure I would be baking non-stop!

Isobel Morrell said...

What a lovely tradition - hope it gets maintained by all present at this one, and any more extended family connections in future! Happy New Year from your English friend.

Unknown said...

yes, Owen was quite strung out on sugar, so Amanda left him with me. LOL
so bedtime was interesting...and late. hahaha
Debbi

Unknown said...

OMGoodness....I think more dough ends up in our mouth than on the cookie sheet!!!!
and we would perish without pizza....we eat it several times a month...and hubby hates it. lol

Unknown said...

thank you my English friend! unfortunately today, extended family is spread out all over the eastern seaboard of the USA. There was a time when family usually stayed close but with the economy, kids have to go where they can find a job. Chuck and I just need to buy a big RV and travel up and down from Vermont and New York all the was down to Florida to see everyone. :0)

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016