Saturday, August 29, 2015

YBC Book Review - The Tank Man's Son by Mark Bouman

I enjoy meeting new people and learning how God can, and does, change them.
And that's what I found from my latest book,



This book was totally engrossing, and I found it hard to put the book down.  I really enjoyed Mark's style of writing, it made me feel for him, and his whole family.
The beginning of the book gives you the back story of his parents lives before they met, which gives a good foundation to help you somewhat understand the behavior of his Dad.  And his Mom.  And Mark does not just tell of the dark parts of his life, but also pulls you in with the lighter side, and the fun, every child can find in difficult situations.

The story wraps up with Mark as an adult, and how God turned his life around, and helped Mark not only forgive his father, but to reconcile with him.  The only down side to this story is I would have loved to learn more about Mark's life as an adult, his college years and the struggles he faced himself as an adult.  It almost seemed like the part of his life where God was working was just an afterthought in this book.  He could have gone more into depth, and even if it made it a larger longer book, it would have been worth it.

Mark Bouman and his family served as missionaries to Cambodia for more than 20 years.  
Here's a video trailer for the book.  



I give this book 5 stars.

Be blessed,
Debbi

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Debbi, Thanks for taking the time to write a great review. I could have doubled the size of the book I had so many stories to tell. Tyndale felt the book would be too big and asked that I limit it's size. Anyway, glad you enjoyed my book. Blessings.....Mark

Unknown said...

Mark,
Thank you so much for commenting on my post! It made my morning. :0)
You are the first author to have ever commented and it is really encouraging.
I hope you will consider writing a "follow up" to this story. I'm sure I'm not the only one that would love it.
Debbi

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016