Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Visiting Old Friends

It's been too long since I've gone handmade shopping, and too long since I've spent time with old friends.  So today I will do both...let's see what new creations my old friends have to offer.




Isobell Morrell loves giving old teddy bears new life, and creating adorable new animal toys for kids of all ages.  Her shop on Etsy is Coldham Cuddlies.  You'll love it there.

Percy Penguin is the newest member of the Coldham Cuddlies family.  He stands about 7.5" and would make baby (or big baby) a great forever friend.
Isobel makes each animal by hand, and made to order.  So you are getting quality and unique toys.  And like I said, she also can take your old best buddy and infuse them with new life.  Check out her shop, and follow her adventures living in the country side in jolly old England by reading her blog,









I don't know about you, but I love lists.  Notes.  To-do lists.  And while I've tried all those fancy apps, nothing beats a clean page and a new pen.
And that's why I love Blue Highways over at Handmade Artist.  Take this Heart of Nature handbound journal. You will never find something this amazing and personal at Amazon.
Andrea drew the old Victrola and painted the flowers on this fabric cover.  She cut the 200 lined pages and sewed (yes, sewed) them into the journal and then added a small frosted red bead for an accent on the spine.  I have watched videos of how books are made (minus the machines), and the amount of work is unreal.  The best part?  These journals are not that expensive.  And they would be the best gift you could give your favorite word nerd.  She also has art journals with unlined pages.







Lastly, I met Teena at a local craft show last fall, and then she joined me over at The CraftStar.  And she is the perfect choice for what I wanted to share next...wire wrapped jewelry.
Check out this amazing Amber Wire Wrapped pendant.  The color and wrap of this copper wire accents this genuine amber stone perfectly.   There has been a push lately of some $5.00 jewelry company, I've seen their direct marketing booths at local craft shows, and let me tell you, that jewelry can not compare to handcrafted jewelry.  This pendant will be something you'll pass on down through the years to your children, and their children.  Teena's business is Serendipitini and not only does she offer jewelry, but pet items, and beautiful glass artwork.

So ends my shopping trip for today.  Remember, the holiday season is not far away, so support your local small business and shop handmade.

Be blessed,
Debbi

6 comments:

Teena Stewart said...

Debbi, thanks so much for mentioning my wire wrapped jewelry. You rock!

Your Invisible Crown said...

What a lovely looking notebook!

Isobel Morrell said...

Thanks for that shout, Debbi! Sorry for the delay in responding, but have only got back today from a few days with family in Normandy,France. Appreciate you letting folks know about the Stuffed Animal Clinic too! Hope you're all keeping well. Lots of love!

Unknown said...

you're very welcome!

Unknown said...

isn't it? she has lots of awesome books. I really need to treat myself to you. :0)

Unknown said...

you're welcome Isobel. I hope you had a nice relaxing visit.

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016