Wednesday, September 16, 2015

YBC Book Review - The Gracekeepers by Kirsty Logan

I finished reading "The Gracekeepers" by Kirsty Logan, but I have to tell you, this story is never really  finished for me.  I enjoyed it so much, the story just wrapped itself around my heart.  It is one of those stories that just lives inside you, evoking emotions and making it hard to put down.



The story is captivating and inspired in part by Scottish myths and fairy tales, but it could also be about our world. In Gracekeepers, there are two worlds, two peoples, those who live on land, and those who live on the oceans, with hints of those who may live in the oceans. Callendish lives on a small island, alone, overseeing funerals, when she meets North who works on a circus boat. And once their lives meet, their worlds change. You feel that their paths were destined to cross from even before their birth.  I don't want to spill the beans, but I do highly highly recommend this book for all those who love fantasy.



Kirsty Logan's writing style is ethereal, and misty, perfect for this story. You don't just read this book, you feel it. And when you're done...the story stays with you.  I was amazed when I discovered that this is her debut novel, she is truly a talented storyteller.  She has definitely become one of my favorite authors and I look forward to her next novel.  
I so enjoyed this book, I know I will be reading it again. And again.

I give this book 5+++ stars.

*I received this book from Blogging for Books for my honest review.*

Be blessed,
Debbi

2 comments:

Mary Hill said...

Hi, sounds wonderful. I hope you can join us on Literacy Musing Mondays this week. You can link up to three posts on anything related to literacy including book reviews and personal reflections on reading, writing or learning. Thanks for commenting today on my blog too. Here is this week's link:

http://maryanderingcreatively.com/literacy-musing-mondays-fun-week-giveaway/

Unknown said...

thank you for the invite...I will be sure to check it out.
:0)

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016