Monday, December 14, 2015

YBC Book Review - The Watercolor Course You've Always Wanted by Leslie Frontz

As an artist, I love to create beautiful things.  And as an artist, I love to try many different mediums.  One medium I have never really tried was watercolor because I thought it was too difficult.
Than along came this...


by Leslie Frontz.

First, I just skimmed through the book.  Then I browsed a little more closely.  Then I got excited.
Every chapter is stuffed full of information for both the experienced watercolor artist, and for beginners like me.  I realized while reading this book, that you can't just jump into watercolor paint if you don't understand how they work.  It's not like painting with acrylic or oil.  The blending is different.  The shading is different.  And it looks like so much fun!  
Guess what's on my Christmas list this year.  A new watercolor set.  lol
This book takes you through everything you need to know to start painting.  How to choose the correct paint, brushes and paper.  Understanding the values of color for depth and shading.  Textures.  Mood.  And so much more.  When you get this book (and every serious artist should get it), you will want to keep it handy for easy reference while you work.  I know I will.

Now for a little background on the author.
Leslie Frontz is a studio artist with over 40 years of experience.  She teaches watercolor classes at a local community college about 2 hours from me!!!!  (I'm squealing with excitement.  Now I can join one of her classes to learn even more.)  And her work has been featured in several magazines and books.  You can learn even more, and enjoy her work, by visiting her website, Frontz Studio, and you'll meet her husband Harold, who is an accomplished artist in his own right.

I highly recommend this book for artists, and wanna-be artists.
Let your creative juices flow.

Be blessed,
Debbi

 "I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review."


No comments:

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016