Monday, January 18, 2016

YBC artist feature - Traci Weber and WalkAboutYoga

I love talking about artists, handmade, and small businesses.  And today I want to share with you
Traci and her business Walk About Yoga.

I have heard so much about essential oils, and I have used them in some of my all natural body products I sell at the local farmers market.  
You just place a few drops of the oil in the clay bottle and the oil is absorbed into the cork.
I especially like the upside down owl on the label.
That's seems to be the story of me...upside down.

Now let's hear some more of Traci's story.

I love the name of my company- WalkAboutYoga (WAY). After completing my 200 hour Yoga Certification I decided I would like to offer a unique yoga class.WAYs  class offers a 90 minute hike with yoga stops along with way in my beautiful hometown, Milford, CT. Locations include Silver Sands Beach and downtown.  Outdoor yoga frees the yoga spirit, and the open space expands the heart. I think WalkAboutYoga tells the story of my company perfectly!

Once WAY closed for the season I wanted to offer something to my students and the public, that involved yoga and all that yoga offers. What could I do?? What else says YOGA?
Mala beads, Yoga mats and essential oils- So, I started making them!   All WAY'S handcrafted products are made with love, intention and gratitude, they are purified with sage and blessed before they are shipped.

WAY places a high value on giving back, living with kindness and compassion.  We have created the Give-A-WAY Initiative. You can't keep what you don't give a way. On the first of every month we Give-A-WAY one Essential Oil Roll-On or a gift certificate for a walkabout to a special recipient that has been nominated. Just our WAY of giving back.

Being a Mom and Pop shop, minus the Pop. There are lots of challenges! Especially, since I have a 9-5 job!  WalkAboutYoga means so much to me, I love feeling that I am making a difference, that I am sharing my love of yoga with others. If I inspire one person, WOW, would that be great!  So, I stay up late, get up early and work on the weekend- and I LOVE it.
I love all of the products I create~ each one is infused with a deep connection to the person receiving it. A lot of me goes into each product. Right now I especially love the Mala bead necklaces. I in vision the stillness, calmness and ease of the person using them to aide their meditation practice.
 I live, play, teach and design in Milford, Ct, along with my husband, daughter and furbabies.

Traci also has her own website, WalkAboutYoga.net, where you can learn even more about her, and purchase other yoga equipment not listed in her Scott's store.

So check out her site, and I'll see y'all tomorrow.

Be blessed,
Debbi

1 comment:

Miss Val's Creations said...

What a great shop. I love the necklaces for the essential oils! My body needs yoga, particularly because I sit all day. No other exercise feels better!

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016