Thursday, February 18, 2016

MyEuropeanTouch and My Life In War Torn Germany part #1

I am a firm believer that we need to face our past before we move into our future.  And I have been blessed with a wonderful friend who grew up in Germany during the time of WWII, Monika from MyEuropeanTouch.  She has graciously allowed me to share her story here.
This will be a 3 part series (so far).


This is where and how I grew up in Berlin after WWII just ended. The rubble and wreckage around me were my play ground, where I found all the beautiful broken China plate pieces and tried to make imaginary whole plates to eat from with my wooden doll.


.My Mom was one of the "Rubble/Wreckage" woman, cleaning bricks for re-use and rebuild.


I was on my grandma's hand when the American Candy Bombers came and got candy and chocolate.


We later moved to a city called Kiel and it was much the same there. Kiel was the biggest U-boot ship yard for Hitler's fleets and they bombed the crap out of that city too.


Come back tomorrow for part 2, and Saturday for part 3.  It's an amazing story from the real life of someone who was there, not just a chapter in a history book.

Be blessed,
Debbi

2 comments:

myeuropeantouch said...

Debbi, I thank you for sharing my childhood story. This is were my life started with broken china and really has come full circle. I am now still making mosaics from broken china and sell them in my online shop.
https://www.thecraftstar.com/shop-category/2864/custom/7230/handm_china_mosaic/

Incidentally, I offer FREE Shipping on all items plus 10% Off at this time.

Miss Val's Creations said...

Such amazing history! I can't even imagine what it was like to grow up in such an environment.

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016