Friday, March 4, 2016

5 Things I'll Miss When We Move

As some of you may already know, we are planning to sell our home here in sunny warm NC and move back to not as sunny and warm NY to be closer to family.  I have tried for 16 years to get everyone to move down here....but I've been outnumbered. lol
So here is my list of 5 things I'll miss about North Carolina.



5) Kill Devils Hill and The Outer Banks
I absolutely loved the trips we have taken to The Outer Banks.  Walking the beach, floating the waves, and the shops are such fun.  Plus you're not too far from the wild horses of Corolla and in the opposite direction is Roanoke where you'll find lots of fun places to explore like the aquarium and botanical gardens.


Closer to home is Blowing Rock, in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains.  I can see the mountains from my front porch, but the trip up the mountain is so much fun.  The first stop is always at the rock....you'll get an amazing view if you are brave enough to walk out to the tip (I never have, lol).  Then into downtown to enjoy a great day of shopping and eating.




Right down the road from us is the little town of Hiddenite, home of the Emerald Hollow Mine.
It looks muddy, but it's a lot of fun, prospecting for gems.  



One of the things I love about the south is not only the lovely weather, but also the love of history.
Chuck and I always enjoyed jumping in the car and traveling the route to shop our favorite antique shops.


The place I will miss the most is my church.
It's not just our church..they are our family.
If you're in this area, and looking for a place to belong, to be loved, check us out.

So, what is your favorite spot in your neck of the woods?

Be blessed,
Debbi

2 comments:

Isobel Morrell said...

Wishing you luck and happiness in your move, Debbi - having done it nearly 40 times (in 47 years) I've decided I've moved for the last time! It's always sad to leave, but equally exciting to look forward to the new surroundings. It's always been a case of moving to the unknown, until my last one - done for the first time, after 43 years of marriage, on my own. Also I did know to where I was destined. Been here nearly 2 years now - how time does fly - and am happy too. Can only hope you all find your feet as quickly and successfully, Best of luck - and lots of love. Isobel - and the Coldham Cuddlies!

Sweet Posy Dreams said...

We're thinking of moving in the near-ish future. We have too much house to take care of now and it doesn't look like our kids will ever move back to the area. I lived in North Carolina for about a year and a half in the 1980s. I taught freshman English at NC State. Loved it there, but I moved back to Chicago to get married. NC is so pretty. Good luck with the move!

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016