Thursday, February 10, 2011

Mountain Creek Gifts


We belong to several Etsy teams, one of them being the CAPSteam, Christian Artists Promoting Shops team.  That's where I met Brittany from Mountain Creek Gifts.  Brittany lives in the middle of Amish country in Ohio.  When I still lived in western NY, I remember visiting Amish shops near the PA border.  I have always been intrigued by the wonderfully peaceful lives of the Amish.  To have so much faith in God that you would separate yourselves from the world is inspiring.  His Word tells us that we are to be separate, and not of this world.  But as my husband likes to ask me, whatever would I do without my laptop? hahaha.  While preparing to blog about Mountain Creek Gifts, I asked Brittany to share her life and background with me.  After reading her message back to me, I've discovered a kindred spirit.  She married her childhood friend (and I mean childhood, they met when she was only 7).  She comes from a large family, 8 total with her as the second oldest.  I was the youngest of 10 (including steps brothers and sisters).  She grew up on a farm, and while I did not grow up on a farm, I spent many summers on my uncle's sheep farm, and even worked on a dairy farm for 2 summers as a teenager.  I am truly a country girl at heart, just like Brittany.  She has a brother in the military, and stationed in Afghanistan right now.  How proud she must be of him!  Brittany's favorite scripture is also one of my own favorites.  Jeremiah 29:11.  Look it up, you'll be glad you did! Brittany spends her time researching and making all natural soaps and candles, and discovering great vintage items, all of which you can find on her Etsy shop.  To visit her shop, you can click on any of the highlighted links.  I chose a few to share with you.  At the top we have her all natural soap balls.  Just imagine how relaxing your bath time would be when you toss one of these into the tub.  Next is her all natural peppermint cookie soap with shea butter.  Sounds good enough to eat. And last, but not least, this wonderful vintage silver-plate soap dish, complete with 3 bars of soap.  And better yet, you get to choose the soap!  So stop whatever you're doing right now, look up "her" scripture, the look up her shop!!  Tell her I said "Hi".

6 comments:

Marci said...

I happen to know her very well. She is a very special lady.

Christine said...

Her soaps are awesome!Very pretty to even look at.

The Dearborns said...

Brittany has been one of my best friends since we were teeny tiny. Not only is she an amazing, beautiful person, her soaps are AMAZING!! She puts alot of care and thought into her products.

debbi@yankeeburrowcreations said...

She sure does sound like an amazing person. I was glad to "meet" her and get to blog about her.
- ourhometoyours

Unknown said...

Wonderful feature! Congratz to you! Yummy soaps!! :)

debbi@yankeeburrowcreations said...

Her soaps are awesome!Very pretty to even look at.

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016