Saturday, April 9, 2011

I LOVE CATALOGS!

I know that the latest greatest thing is shopping on-line (lucky for me) and reading via e-books, but there is nothing that will ever replace the printed word on paper. Books, newpapers, magazines, catalogs, handwritten letters delivered by a mailman. The feel of the book in my hand, turning the pages by licking my fingers, the being a bad book lover by turning down the corner of a page when you can't find a bookmark, catching up on the local news, connecting with far away friends and family. And making wish lists for future purchases. It's such a shame that future generations may never know the simple joy of sitting down with a real book, or visiting a library. But for today, we still have the printed word, and for that I am grateful. Which brings me to my joy for today, catalogs that come in the mail. Today I received my Fire Mountain Gems catalog, and ohhhh the joy! hahaha. The colors, the beads, the findings.....I guess you just have to be a jewelry fanatic to understand :) I used to make jewelry years ago, and just recently re-discovered the fun of beads and started to list some pieces on Our Home To Yours, mine and Amanda's e-shop on Etsy. Like these 2 pieces:
Now back to the subject of catalogs....I remember as a child getting the Sears Christmas Catalog and just spending hours with my sisters making up our Christmas wish list.  I think those were the only times we weren't fighting.  When I started my own home, the Brand Names catalog was essential.  And of course, FingerHut.  Today I watch my kids fight over the catalogs I get,
and it makes me smile. 

Debbi

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Debbi,
I LOVE getting Fire Mountain catalogs! Where is mine?!
They have tons of design ideas. But, I NEVER purchase from them though due to their shipping costs :)
Happy Browsing :)
Cathy

Christie Cottage said...

I have about 25-30 pounds of beads waiting for me all from Fire Mountain Gems and a gift from my sister to me to make money from! Maybe soon!



Have a wonderful week!

<><
http://christiecottage.blogspot.com

Beadaciously Yours said...

Oh - the Sears Christmas catalog, does that evoke memories! I spent hours pouring over the toys and writing lists of what I wanted for Christmas. Now I can do the same with a Fire Mountain Gem catalog.

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016