Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Besteam feature on youaremysunshine

"you are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy, when skies are grey,
 you'll never know dear, how much I love you, please don't take my sunshine away"

Imagine my pleasant surprise when I found that I get to feature Nina from You Are My Sunshine on Etsy...again.  I love this shop.  Everytime I see her banner, I start to sing this song.  I used to sing this song to my youngest son when he was little (he's now almost 28, gahhhh), and what a pleasant surprise to read on Nina's profile that she also sang this to her boys.  Great minds, and all! haha.  Here are just a few new items she has added since my last shopping trip.  Yes, I am a satisfied customer :) .
She is know for her fabric flowers, but how she incorporated them into jewelry is wonderful...
She also upcycled this mini purse, and dressed it up with, you guessed it, a beautiful flower.
And my all time fave is this "dazzling, calling for attention" brooch.  And it certainly does that!
With 907 sales, and 555 feedbacks, all 100% positive, you can rest easy that your money is being wisely spent in Nina's shops.  And speaking of shops, I don't know how I missed this the first time, but Nina has a second shop on Etsy...My Sunshine Vintage.
I would have finished this feature long before now, but I literally got lost in this shop searching for just the right items to share with you.  With 913 items to choose from, I was happily lost in this vintage world.  I love all things old...at least older than me...haha.  When they first started playing my songs on the classic station, I cried, and while antiquing with my hubby, I used to say "I wonder what it was like back then".  Now I say "hey, I remember those". 
Like these bright and colorful vintage tinker toys.
Now, I didn't play with these myself, but my kids would have. 
And these potholders would have been something my granny would keep in her kitchen.
Way too pretty to use.....and speaking of granny, check out these glasses!!!  My "much older" sisters used to wear glasses like these, HAH!
And for one of my favorite memories ever...Alice in Wonderland.
I grew up in an old farmhouse, and my mother (who was a great artist) painted an Alice In Wonderland mural on the wall in our back breezeway.  Remember breezeways???  So this mural was the last thing we would see going out, and the first thing we would see coming home.
My Sunshine Vintage is also an established shop with over 1500 sales, and 100% positive feedback.  You really must check it out, I thoroughly enjoyed my visit there.
You can also find Nina on facebook and twitter, and follow her blog for more shopping fun.
~Debbi~

If you are an Etsy seller that blogs, or an blogger that has an Etsy shop, check out the BESTeam for fun, support, and promotions!

7 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Sweet sweet SWEET! How in the world do you pick things?

CraveCute said...

Your blog is so lovely that I am following! I am also passing on an award, come and claim your lovely award icon from my blog.

http://cravecute.blogspot.com/

debbi@yankeeburrowcreations said...

thank you very much ladies....I love comments! :)
Princess...as a member of the BESteam (boosting etsy shops) we are given another team member to "check out" and share everyweek. I've been blessed to feature Nina's shop twice, because I just love her!!! :)
And thank you CraveCute...I am now a follower of your blog...

Nina said...

Very very nice! Thanks for featuring both my shops in your amazing blog!

Melanna said...

That's a great way to share etsy shops! I love these features. I'm pretty new to the world of etsy and often get overwhelmed, so I rely on what others have to say to point me to the good stuff. :)

Unknown said...

Great Feature!

and I had to chuckle <3
"I wonder what it was like back then". Now I say "hey, I remember those"."

I loved Tinker Toys, and I always wanted my kids to have them as well. But I am not sure who they were for most! Me or them <3

Laura lok said...

tinker toys!!! havent' seen those in years

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016