Friday, August 12, 2011

Just Bee Yourself

When Amanda and I started our Etsy shop, I had no idea just how much work it would take, not to create things to sell, but to network and get people into our shop.  Now social sites are so very important to any on-line presence, and we joined so many, I started to get lost in cyberspace.  Trying to read and comment on blogs, post on different sites, and everyone there was doing the same thing, trying to sell their items.  I was spending so much time networking, that I have very little time left to do what I enjoy, create.  So I weeded out the sites that were not adding anything to our business.  Now today I feel FREEEE.  I may not be everywhere "they" say I should be, but I am exactly everywhere I want to be, and my very favorite social site is "Creating The Hive".  Melissa Marro started this site last July and I have been a part of it almost from the start.  Let me tell you why this site is so great.  First...it's not about selling, it's about sharing tips and stories and jokes and challenges...it's just a great site for artists to just bee, bee themselves, bee creative, bee supported, and bee happy.  For their first anniversary they sponsored a creative challenge, to create something that celebrates the Hive's birthday.  They just announced the winner, and it is... Lance Perry with his Birthday Bee.
Lance describes himself as a self-taught, holiday folk artist, living in the piney woods of east Texas.  I was checking out his blog, Crescent Hills Designs, where he shares his creative process, and a great story on the making of his moon man.  I won't spoil it by sharing it, go read it for yourself.  Then I went to his Etsy shop and found this...and had to share it.  I'm not sure what I would do with it, but it made me smile.  He calls it Tiny Bulb Head Robot.  There is more in his shop, so go check it out.  And if you are looking for a wonderful place to hang out, join me in The Hive. :~D
Debbi

4 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I love the bulb head robot! Thank you for telling us about him.

Tina - Off The Wall Expressions said...

Wow...you make Creating the Hive sound wonderful. I too cannot keep up with every social site I've joined, so I am hesitant to join another, but Creating the Hive sounds pretty good!

Christie Cottage said...

It is a hard task, dividing promoting with creating!

I love to comment on blogs and I used to every morning. Then it was summer break. Well, school has started back so my precious 7 year old companion doesn't arrive here at 6:30 every morning. So now I need to get back in the habit.

I like to rad and comment early in the morning. It just works for me and my coffee! LOL

Have a wonderful weekend!

<><

debbi@yankeeburrowcreations said...

Tina, Creating the Hive is great. No pressure, just plain fun!

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016