Thursday, November 17, 2011

the light after the storm

Yesterday was a dreary day.  I had lots of errands to run in town, and had Hannah and Owen with me.  It would sprinkle, then the sun would shine, then it would pour, then the sun.  It usually was sunny when we were in the car driving, and rain when we had to run from car to store, or car to office, or car to whatever. lol.  I am thankful we purchased the Chevy minivan with the DVD system.  While I did enjoy the movie, I am not thankful for having to listen to Veggitales, "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything", multiple times.  But I did love listening to Owen sing the songs.  He only remembers every 3rd or 4th word.  It's funny to listen to.  The torando warnings came out on our way home.  Mandy and Brandon had car trouble on their way home from work, but while there were tornados south of us (welcome to NC cousin Susie), we just got the rain.  And this is what we get after every storm, and one reason why I love North Carolina.
This morning my heart is heavy, and goes out to the family of the 3 people who died when a "possible" tornado touched down just south of the state line.  I don't pretend to understand why some are taken and some are spared, that is God's job.  But I do know, that despite it all,
 He is Good, and He is God.

8 comments:

Megan Petersen said...

A beautiful picture of a beautiful creation!

Unknown said...

oh what a wonderful sight to see.....I always say that God is a painter and he paints scenes for us every day!!!

Sweet Posy Dreams said...

Beautiful sky. I used to live in Raleigh. Loved it there.

Lynette - Sweet Posy Dreams
Etsy Blog Team

debbi@yankeeburrowcreations said...

You're right Diana, God is an amazing artist, and all creation declares His Glory.
Debbi

sarah said...

I'm glad you're family is safe! Also, that sky is gorgeous.

Theresa said...

The picture created by God and captured by your camera is absolutely beautiful! I am very thankful that you and your family are safe.

Stopping by from Thursdays Get Together. I am now your newest follower!

Joy Light Designer said...

What a pretty sky, thanks for reminding me to be grateful for each day!

Joyflower

www.facebook.com/Joysilk

Melanna said...

Very pretty! I always love the colours in the sky in the fall.

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016