Saturday, December 3, 2011

Saturday shopping linky party - lights, lights, everywhere

I have spent the past few days decorating the outside of my house for Christmas and I'm not done yet.  But I figured, let's go see what's selling on Etsy for Christmas lighting.  So let's go....
At first I wasn't sure about this strand of lights, but it so appeals to my warped sense of humor.  And the name "Christmas light prescription bottles for your next dysfunctional family holiday gathering -custom".  When was Cristy from clcort ever at my house for dinner?  She must have been, because she nailed our family nights with this one. hahaha.

I still have a few of the "elf on a shelf" elves that mother would put on the tree when I was little, but I never saw them as  string of lights.  Pretty cool.  In case you don't know about the "elf on a shelf", it's a little doll that a parent would put out and then tell the kids that the elf would be watching them and tell Santa if they were good or not.  Then the parent would move them every night, so the next morning you would find the elf watching you from a different spot.  Come to think of it, that's pretty freaky, lol.  Check out the shop of Salvaged Anitques.  It's brand new.
Ok, now we're talking, lights you eat!  Imagine yourself hanging lights, which takes a lot of energy, and you start to get a little hungry.  Well, just reach into your box of lights and pull out this  strand of mini Christmas light cookies from Crafted Cookies, and before you know it, you're ready to get back to work.  And speaking of work (actually this is more like play) peruse your shop, or your friends shop, and it's time to link up!!!  Christmas lights, or ornaments, or....whatever. lol.  Then invite your peeps to join us at our linky party!
Debbi


9 comments:

Judy Westcott said...

I have never heard about the Elf before! Could've used it on my own sons when they were growing up - LOL!

Annie said...

I also never heard to the elf! Diabolical! And the prescription bottle lights are hilarious. Let's face it: all families are nuts!

Empty On the Inside
Dough, Dirt & Dye

Annie said...

PS I had to link to the vintage red light bulbs - I swear we had the same kind as a kid. Lots of great memories of decorating the Christmas tree.

Empty On the Inside
Dough, Dirt & Dye

Blue & White Wear said...

I love the prescription lights - LOL!!!

Beauty Boss Agnes said...

Just heard about Elf on a Shelf myself...heard there is a book that comes with an Elf and mom or dad moves it everynight to show that the elf has been watching....cute idea....added my Christmas earrings here....love the cookie lights...

Anonymous said...

Elf on a Shelf is awesome! Talk about kids being good - mine were perfect knowing the Elf was watching them. We had tons of fun moving him around for the kids to find him.

debbi@yankeeburrowcreations said...

You're right Agnes, there was a book. I love finding these old decorations. Lots of great memories as a kid growing up. I think our kids today are missing so much by having all these electronic stuff today. If you unplug them, they don't know what to do, lol.
Debbi

Miss Val's Creations said...

Oh! I am loving these lights! The prescription bottles are hysterical and are perfect for so many families! The cookies are such an adorable idea!

Laura lok said...

pill bottles are weird but whatever floats your boat the cookies are cuuuuute.

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016