Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Time for tea with BEST friends

Ok, I know there is only 12 days till Christmas, but what better way to slow down, relax, and enjoy your day than sharing a nice cup of hot tea with friends.  I think it's my English heritage, because I love tea!   My granny used to insist that we were related to the Queen even though we have never been invited to the weddings, lol.  I drink tea like others drink water, all day long, every day of the year.  It could be 100 degrees outside, and I would still have a cup.  I have all types of tea in my house, Earl Grey tea, Chamomile tea, mint tea, and even a tea a friend gave me from Argentina.  My all time favorite tea is Salada tea, which I have to have beloved family members ship to me from New York because I can't find it here in the south.  While shopping a few weeks ago, I discovered Twinings of London Christmas Tea, a fine black tea perfectly balanced with the traditional holiday spiced flavours of cinnamon and cloves, perfect when sitting in the dark with the only light coming from the decorated tree.  ummmmm.  So since it's time for my weekly BESTeam feature, I decided to have a tea party.
First we need to send out the invitations.  For my tea party I chose this Striped Heart Card from Empty On The Inside.  Annie handpaints these cards, and leaves the inside blank so you can add your own special thoughts to each card you send out.  I have purchased several cards from Annie, and I have never been disappointed with the wonderful quality of her work.  I chose the heart card because I "heart" tea! heehee.  You can find more cards, and more of Annie at any of these links.  I recommend her blog, she is not only a talented painter, but a talented writer.  She is also a vegan, and shares recipes on her vegan blog.
Now to make the tea.  This Tea Time Victorian tea infuser is a new addition to the shop Poison Garden.  This shop is the dream child of 3 amazing women, Suzette the butterfly queen, Crystal the pumpkin tender, Melissa the toad catcher.  (I have a feeling there is a wonderful story behind Melissa's title).  It was when they joined our team that I first "discovered" steampunk, and I LOVE IT!  Now you may not think that this infuser is steampunk, and it's not, but it is definitely Victorian, which is another style that these woman create so well.  See for yourself by visiting them here.
Well, we have our guests and our tea, it's time to head outdoors with our handmade leather bound journals from The Orange Windmill.  Yes, of course I picked the orange journal, you silly.  Now, inside these journals you can keep your thoughts and ideas, but for the purpose of my story, in your journals are poems written in the style of the novel "Jane Eyre".  And with so many styles and sizes available, you can find the perfect journal for you, and meet Shirley here.  Etsy / 2nd Etsy / Blog / Twitter / Facebook / Pinterest / Tumbler
Ahhhh, I can see it now.  My friends and I have thrown a blanket on the ground, we're sharing our poetry, and sipping our tea....and getting HOT!  It's a beautiful summer day with the sun high in the sky, and we're drinking hot tea.  Do we give up our tea and switch to soda?  Of course not...we just whip out our wonderfully Victorian Parasol by KC Dragonfly.  My niece used parasols in her wedding, and they were beautiful, and when I was a little girl, I had a small one my mother got me at a local fair.  I felt like a storybook princess walking around holding my parasol over my head.  And you will too if you let Kristine make the perfect one to fit your own unique style.  You can find her here.
So now I'm finished with my little escape story, and since I drank 3 cups of tea while composing this piece, it's time for me to visit the powder room.  See you all later, and have a blessed day.
Debbi



9 comments:

Shirley said...

Poems written in the Jane Eyre style is the way to go! thanks for including me. :)
-Shirley
www.theorangewindmill.etsy.com

Isobel Morrell said...

Hi Debbi - as a trial member, found that fascinating, and will visit the sites you indicate.

You may be interested to know that I grew up on an Indian Tea Estate (in the state now known as Kerala), have a cousin who tea-planted in Ceylon (now Sri Lanka) and Kenya (still the same name!) and I rarely, if ever, drink tea unless it is from tea leaves - rather than the more convenient tea bags.

Those tend to be made from the factory floor dust (not always, but usually) and the flavours cannot be compared.

Go - try them, if you can find them. All the best.

Annie said...

Debbi, this is fantastic! Love the idea; I'm so coming over for the part. And I'm a devoted tea-drinker myself, even during the hottest of days. An Earl Gray junkie. "A cup of tea solves everything!"

Thanks, girl!

Empty On the Inside
Dough, Dirt & Dye

Unknown said...

what a fun collection !!!!!

Crystal said...

Oooh - I love tea as well although I've been downing the coffee lately :) That parasol is so cute!

Miss Val's Creations said...

I am loving this post! Tea drinking is a favorite of mine in winter. I can't say I drink it when it is 100 degrees like you. LOL Salada has delicious green tea which is a regular drink of mine! That tea infuser is gorgeous.

debbi@yankeeburrowcreations said...

Why, thank you everyone!
debbi

Knitful Dezigns said...

LOVEE <3 I cant live without green tea and local honey teehee

HUGS

Unknown said...

Very creative feature.

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016