Saturday, December 10, 2011

Saturday Shopping Link Up - old is new again

I've been reading a lot about Googles new Panda algorithm, which is the newest way Google searches and crawls blogs and shops and everything.  It seems to me that Google is now looking not only for newer links, but also pertinent and interesting subjects.  All the more reason to blog a variety, and more often.  And with everyone trying to get Google to find them, and renewing all the time, I thought that this would be a good time to get some of our oldest items back out there for the world to see!  So that's what I want you to link up, the oldest item in your shop....and to that end, let me share with you some old listings from some Etsy, Arfire, and Zibbet vintage shops....

You know, I really hate how things I grew up with are now considered vintage! hahaha.  But I did have a name bracelet like this one, they were very much the rage in the early 70's.  I found this in the Etsy shop  Diament Jewelry.  
I found this Sarah Coventy Bracelet in the Artfire shop lovebeadsdesigns.  These were also very popular back in my teen years, not that teens wore them much, but our mothers did, and this jewelry was sold at home parties, much like Tupperware.  I loved looking thru the catalogs, and I even had a piece myself, it was a mesh belt and buckle bracelet.
Now, lets jump up a decade to the 80's and check out this great wide silver cuff bracelet.  Just look at the detail, and look at the other items in the Zibbet shop of Sweetie2Sweetie

So now it's your turn, link up any vintage item you may have, or just link up the oldest item in your shop.  Link up more if you like, then share this page and invite your friends to this weeks linky party.
Debbi


5 comments:

AbsolutelyKismet said...

Thanks! Here's my oldest item! http://www.etsy.com/listing/60424858/tiger-striped-heart-pendant-on-hemp

Annie said...

Oh my gosh! I totally forgot (until your post) that I had a name bracelet exactly like the one in the photo...wow. I'll see what I can unearth from my shop to share ;-). Thanks, Debbi!

Empty On the Inside
Dough, Dirt & Dye

lovebeadsdesigns said...

Thanks for sharing the bracelet, I really guessed at the year hope I got close?
www.lovebeadsdesigns.artfire.com

Sandy said...

What a great idea! Thanks for letting us share our oldest items on your blog.

Miss Val's Creations said...

Great pieces! I inherited a wide variety of jewelry from my Great Aunt and there were some Sarah Coventry pieces in there. I had not idea her jewelry was sold Tupperware style!

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016