Friday, January 13, 2012

my dilemma

Good morning, friends....I need some help.  As you know we have a horse.  Actually Hannah has a Shetland pony that she doesn't ride, so in reality, I have an oversized dog that follows me around and looks for treats in my pocket.  And you would not believe the amount of manure one smallish pony can make; and there is my dilemma.  I have been planning (dreaming of, hoping for) a motorcycle trip (no kids, yea!!!!) to Baton Rouge LA for the Jimmy Swaggert Easter Campmeeting in April, but yesterday, Chuck informed me that since Tater Tot (the pony) has a favorite spot to use as his restroom, the manure has gotten thick.  And our tractor is old and dead.  So now he's looking to get a new/used tractor.  Which means no money for LA.  "That's just NOT FAIR" I cried (in my best little girl voice), but to no avail, he's looking for a tractor.  So do you think he would accept any of these tractors from Etsy so we can keep our money for the trip?

Antique Farm Tractor from Katwelder,    Apple Farm Tractor 2 from Simply Superior,    Antique Tractor from Puzzimals

No?????  How about if I wore this???
 
So, here's where I need your help.  Tomorrow come back for my linky party, and link up all your items or blogs that have anything to do with farms, tractors, horses, motorcycles, trips, Louisiana...you get the idea!
Love y'all!
Debbi

7 comments:

pcoe00 said...

Good luck I tweeted and blogged for you. We just sold a tractor.

debbi@yankeeburrowcreations said...

hahaha, they say timing is everything. and apparently my timing is nothing :P Thanks Patty.
Debbi

Lostlemonade said...

Oh definitely go with the garter!! Hope you make your trip!

Unknown said...

oh that is no good!!! I wish you could head off to your dream trip!!! and have a tractor magically appear on your door step!!! love all of these tractors!!!!

Sweet Posy Dreams said...

Funny! Maybe you could hang mardi gras beads on the tractor?

Etsy Blog Team

debbi@yankeeburrowcreations said...

well, he likes the tractor he looked at today, so I guess he wins, but that still leaves me 2 months to save more $$$$ for our trip, even if it means we ride the tractor to Campmeeting. hahahaha
Debbi

Isobel Morrell said...

Just for this time, can't you hire one for the job? That way, the owner can take the tractor back and you can still go on your trip. Maybe, the contractor would take the stuff way, and sell it - while the cost is reduced? Sort of trade that goes on hereabouts in the countryside in the UK.

That's the trouble with animals - they are a tie, no matter how much you love them

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016