Saturday, January 7, 2012

Saturday Shopping Link Up - relaxing

With the fun, and stress, of the Christmas season, what do you do to de-stress and relax?  I personaly like to sit with a nice cup of tea and a crochet hook (or a game on my laptop).  Here are a few items I found to help us all relax...

This relax pillow in charcoal grey looks so comfy...snuggle up against it with a good book, or a good blog...and if the color is not for you, hop over to the shop Honey Pie Design for other great pillows to complete your home decor.

And speaking of tea, we have personally ordered from the loose leaf before, I got Amanda some tea for her digestive track, and she enjoys it.  So if you don't sleep well, try this Organic Skullcap tea for your insomnia.  Your loose tea comes with a reusable cloth teabag.


Now let me show you relaxed....Owen spent the night last night and stayed up late to watch Wipeout with Gamma and Poppa.  Yes, he has our off-center sense of humor.  Then he got up at 6am when the other kids left for school, so by afternoon, he was tired delirious.  We had to take Hannah to an appointment, and there was an oh-so overstuffed and comfortable couch in the lobby.  Here is how Owen waited for his aunt...

He started sitting up, but when I nudged him, he just fell over...poor kid, I laughed!  And I'm sorry for the poor quality...I took these with my cell phone, and then I couldn't get them off the phone to my laptop, so I had to email it to myself. heehee.

Ok, so now for our party...as you know, the theme is relaxing...so link up anything you sell, or even your blog posts, that you find relaxing.  You can even go ahead and link up someone else who helps you relax.  Then share, share, share!

Debbi

15 comments:

Annie said...

Wait...relax...relax...That word sounds familiar. Hmmm.

Kel and I relax at the end of the day by watching a movie or a documentary via Netflix. We don't have TV or cable, so that's our little bit of mindlessness.

Empty On the Inside
Dough, Dirt & Dye

Tisha said...

Yes, I'm taking today to relax too. I seen the cutest tea infuser last week. It was a little rubber duck that floats on the top of your tea with the infuser underneath.

Annie said...

PS I'm linking to a yoga instructor's blog. Yoga is one of the ways in which I relax - unfortunately I don't practice as much as I should!

Empty On the Inside
Dough, Dirt & Dye

AngieOuellette-Tower said...

Great post!
I make an herbal Chai tea that is so relaxing - it's so easy to make also: http://godsgrowinggarden.blogspot.com/2011/12/chai-tea-made-from-scratch.html
(that's my blog post that gives the recipe if you are interested).
Angie (blogging buddies)
PS - I also joined your blog

Blue & White Wear said...

Love this! Your little guy is adorable! To relax, I make jewelry - the little Buddha gives me a sense of Zen! :)

riorita said...

I love to relax by reading books about history and art, while drinking a nice hot mug of green tea!

debbi@yankeeburrowcreations said...

Annie, I love Netflix, but never tried yoga, it's on my list, lol
Tisha, a rubber duck??? that sounds so cute!
and ladies...I'm off to make my tea. :~D
Debbi

formingnewsights said...

Thank you so much! So glad you love the tea!!!

Geri said...

When you find that clock with extra time on it - let me know...I need one too! To relax...hmmm, what's that?!

Dita Maulani said...

I love tea time, always relaxing! I watch tv and read books :)

dita
via Etsy Blog Team

hopeandjoyhome said...

I relax w/ a stack of magazines,a book, by reading blogs or lately..Pinterest!If all else fails..I dive into my bed for a snoozle.

Laura lok said...

tahnks for the tea link hubby love loose tea so will check it out for him.

Isobel Morrell said...

If I relax too much - I'm asleep before I know it, especially watching TV. Thus, if I'm sitting in my comfy chair, I have to have something in my hands - so really, when I come to think about it, I don't really relax! It's not in my lexicon!

Do enjoy a good cuppa though: we use real leaf Indian tea (what else can a gal brought up on a tea estate in S.India drink, eh?). Our favourites are Nilgiri (area where I spent my first 8 years) and/or Darjeeling. Cousin used to tea-plant in Ceylon (Sri Lanka, now!) and Kenya, so we have been known to sup those as well.

Not sure I've heard of blue tea though: might be a bit leery of that....unless someone was holding my hand!

Miss Val's Creations said...

I love to relax by reading blogs or beading accompanied with a cup of tea. How great that this loose tea comes with a reuseable tea cloth! Reducing waste always feels good!

DesignedbyAudrey.com said...

Just being still and quiet refreshes me.

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016