Saturday, March 24, 2012

Hickory Lake

Some of you may have noticed that I have not hosted a linky party in a while.  I figured that while we are busy revamping our site and setting up shops, I would wait and then have a big GRAND REOPENING PARTY!  So until then, let me share with you some pictures of our latest day on the bike.  We went to Lake Hickory looking for a good fishing hole.
I love drift wood.  I asked Chuck if we could bring one home for our yard, but since these pieces were bigger than our motorcycle he said no.
There were tons of tiny little sea shells, but it was hard to get a good shot while not getting the garbage in the pictures.  Why do people do that?  Nature is so beautiful, yet there was broken glass, plastic bags, and even a dirty diaper on the trail.  Nasty.
This is the "shelf" that Chuck plans to stand on while fishing.  I, on the other hand, will be reclining on a blanket with the picnic basket and a good book.
Hello Bilbo Baggins...are you home?
Lake Hickory is at the top of the Duke Power Dam.
The flip side of the dam.
And this is a shot of what my dream ranch would look like...

And that's just the horse barn!  I love it!!!!
Everyone have a blessed weekend, and I'll see y'all again Monday.
Debbi

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks so lovely! Thank you for sharing. :D

My most recent:
http://onecraftycollection.blogspot.com/2012/03/in-my-dreams.html

Unknown said...

Lo - yeah those pieces of driftwood would be a little tricky on a motorcycle! Looks like a great place to relax, or fish!

Unknown said...

oh wow!!! these photos are wonderful!!!

sweetybird09 said...

That looked like a lovely fishing spot, I agree about the garbage why do people do that!

Oh that was a beautiful ranch and I was amazed it was just the horse barn in the pic I thought that was the house...lol...

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016