Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Our fashionable hats

I know that Wednesdays is usually the day that I share a HandmadeArtists.com artist, but since I've had an unusually looooong and difficult week,  I wanted to share an accomplishment of mine first.  I finally completed a new section in our fashion Etsy shopHats!
The first one is this sunny and bright "Summer Stroll" beanie.  The pattern is from the Lion Brand Yarn website (of course) and I thought it was a perfect style for this bright yellow yarn.  It was a fairly easy pattern, and I added this detachable pink and green crochet flower pin for an added spot of color.
Here is our "Safari Hat".  Following another Lion Brand Yarn pattern and using a soft creamy worsted weight yarn, this hat was fun to make.  I used a peach  yarn to accent the band and button top.  While Lion Brand had this listed as a costume hat for halloween, I love the style for all the time wear.  Once Amanda gets some time off from work, I'll make her pose with all these hats....
 Next up, I just love the mustard yellow color of this "Newsboy" visor cap.   I have a stash of yarn that I "inherited" when an older woman had to downsize after moving from her home to an assisted living facility.  (You can read about it here).  And when I dug out this yarn, I went searching for the perfect pattern, and I found this one...at Lion Brand Yarn! ;p  I added these vintage, made in Czechoslovakia, buttons for some added sparkle.
And last, but not least, is this wonderful vintage "Gibbe' Hat" that I discovered at an estate auction a few years ago.  My favorite part is the rhinestone accent.  This is such a classic looking hat.  And again it needs a live model for you to see just how cute it is.
So rush over to the shop by clicking on any of the above links, or check out everything we have to offer by clicking on the tabs at the top of this page.  And keep watching for more new items....coming up, woven belts, vintage supplies, jewelry, and more home decor.
Be Blessed,
Debbi





4 comments:

Unknown said...

oh I am in love with hats!!!! but for some reason it is super hard to find a hat that makes me look cool....I always feel weird in them!!!!

SarahBeth said...

Cute hats! I like the safari one -- had to rush over to your shop and give it a cute little heart!!

cabin + cub said...

Very cute hats! I wish I could pull them off... hats always look odd on me.

lilndmama said...

I love the newsboy hat! Great job!

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016