Thursday, November 1, 2012

my little Christmas cactus

I purchased this Christmas cactus quite a few years ago because I loved the unusual flowers.  It bloomed the first few years, then nothing.  Of course it has been dropped, picked at by little fingers, and there have been times where I have totally forgotten to water it.  Well, this summer it only had about 6 branches left, so I stuck it outside on a shelf, where I promptly forgot about it again.  It loved it out there!!! 
Sun and rain!!!
 Look at it now!
It's blooming!  
I saw the little flower buds on it while it was still outside, but now that the temperatures are dipping again, I had to bring it into the house.  These pictures were taken over the weekend.   I love the bright pink flowers, and the shape of them is so different, and I love different.  I took another picture to get a good close up of the flowers.
They have opened up even more.  I sure hope it will continue to bloom until Christmas.  Hmmmm, maybe I'll try growing an Amaryllis again this year.  Miracles can happen you know. :0)
Be blessed,
Debbi

5 comments:

2justByou said...

Oh my goodness, did it ever love that little shelf out there! Those are such pretty flowers! I've never seen this type of cactus before. Really unique!
~Kim
2justByou.blogspot.com

PS - You should try the roasted pumpkin seeds (not mushy at all!). =0)

SarahBeth said...

Hmmm, I'm very good at forgetting to water plants.... maybe this would be a good one for me!! I'll have to hunt one down. It's very pretty, by the way!

Unknown said...

It did great! I had one for years and it was sad and never bloomed again no matter what I did. Eventually the kitten (when she was a kitten a year ago) sat on it to death, literally. Everything else in my house is doing well, I guess it needed some outdoor sunshine in the summer like yours got! I'll remember that if I ever get a new one :)


Blogging Buddies Team
http://heversonart.blogspot.com

myeuropeantouch said...

Oh Debbi, I had one in Palm Coast, bright fuchsia red, it did not survive my move....(sigh)
This one is beautimus...Monika ♥♥

Recovered Fundie said...

My hubby has a green thumb and revived the one we have with fertilizer. It was half dead. I also trimmed the "death" off the plant and I think we repotted it. Now it's going to bloom again. They like lots of sun. Ours is in a bay window and it loves it there. They are beautiful plants. God must have known that we need flowers in fall and winter. :0)
Lisa

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016