Monday, December 3, 2012

HAF artist spotlight - Brooklyn Bead Goddess


Today my HandmadeArtistsForum featured artist is...you guessed it...Brooklyn Bead Goddess!
 Working with glass is one art form I have never tried, but have always been amazed by...the colors and layers and textures just captivate my imagination.  Luckily, April of Brooklyn Bead Goddess, has mastered this art form and shares her work with us.  Let me share a few from her HandmadeArtist shop.
 
These blue glass lampwork bead earrings are probably my favorite. 
"Ribbed bicone shaped handmade glass beads. I made these by swirling and mixing shades of turquoise blue glass together. Complimented by hematite and sterling silver beads. They dangle from sterling silver french ear wires.
Measures from top to bottom...1 1/2 inches."
I just love the depth of color, the swirls, and the length, long enough to show from under your hair, but not so long to get caught on your shoulders.
 
Now this is a great bracelet...full of color.  I love the retro feel of it, lots of fun, and funky!  "Eye candy...I made these nine lampwork glass beads myself. I started with a rod of white glass as the base color . Each bead has a fun design using red, light blue,yellow,green,purple,cobalt blue. For more color, I've added some 'candy' small disc beads in between the lampwork beads. Ten 4mm sterling silver ball beads give this bracelet shine. Sterling silver toggle clasp, crimps and wire guards were also used.
Measures for a 7 inch wrist
End to end is 8 inches."


Over in April's Etsy shop I found this great little belly bling.  A few years ago, several girls from work got together and went to get their belly buttons pierced and invited me to go with them.  I told them that I did not like pain, but they insisted that piercing your belly button didn't really hurt that bad.  I explained to them that while the piercing may not hurt, explaining it to my husband might. lol.  But if I ever did get it pierced, this belly ring would be at the top of my must have list.
 
The last item I found to share is this lovely and delicate looking pink rose quartz heart pendant. "Rose quartz heart pendant wire wrapped with anti-tarnish silver plated German wire. I've added a handmade lampwork glass bead which I made myself. This pendant has lovely filagree cap ends to finish the ornate design
Slip it on your chain and you are ready for "love.
Rose quartz is associated with calming emotions and offers inner peace healing.
Measures approx 1 1/2 inches long and 1 1/4 inch wide."
You can find April and BrooklynBeadGoddess on-line here also...so stop by and get your Christmas shopping done!
Be blessed,
Debbi

7 comments:

april grinaway said...

Thanks for the LOVE Debbi !

Karen and Dakota said...

Great job on the post. I did not realise she had belly rings also.

Finding Charm said...

I love that polka dot bracelet. Just too cute.

Unknown said...

I found the belly ring in her Etsy shop. I love her stuff. :0)

Unknown said...

me too!!!

Unknown said...

You're welcome...you make it easy with so many great items and such talent!

Larissa said...

I love that colorful bracelet!

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016