Thursday, November 29, 2012

the 10 day YOU challenge - 2 songs

Here we are again on my 10 day (week) you challenge from BlogLoveTherapy, and this week is another hard one for me. 
I think it would be easier for me to share with you the 2 genres of music that I can't stand....
1) hard rock...like ACDC, and I grew up on that music.  But now those screaming guitars and heavy drums give me a headache.  Yea, I know, I'm showing my age, but I prefer to call it maturity. hahaha
2) Rap...half jokingly hubby and I call it rap crap.  If I can't understand the words, why listen?  And of the raps songs that I can understand, why would I want to listen to a song that talks about violence, and hate?  Why not listen to songs that encourage us and lift us up?
 
One thing I can say is that while my tastes have changed since I entered into a relationship with Jesus Christ, I don't only listen to hymns.  There are wonderful songs in every decade, and I listen to them all.  And so does Owen...he loves 40's jazz, 50's rock and roll, 60's fun, 70's love songs, and he even knows the words to Freddie Fenders "Wasted Days and Wasted Nights". lol
 
 
My most recent favorite song is a worship song, and it just transports me every time I hear it.
"10,000 Reasons" by Matt Redmen.
 
Be blessed,
Debbi

No comments:

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016