Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Easter with the family - and my Pinterest wannabe's

This has been a very busy week, and I noticed today that I have not posted anything SINCE LAST WEDNESDAY!  opps, sorry.  So for your viewing pleasure, some family pictures from Easter dinner at Amanda and Brandon's house.  Also known as, how I killed some Pinterest ideas.
Amanda and Brandon doing the cooking.  I always had the meal at my house, but with their new home, we had Christmas and Easter at their house.  I have to admit, it was nice to not have to worry about cleaning up before (and after), or cooking.  Of course, I did bring the ham because Amanda wants to try a more vegan lifestyle, and when I told Chuck that she was making a vegetable casserole...well...have you seen the AT&T commercial with the new boyfriend coming over for lunch, but he's a vegetarian?  And at the end of the commercial when they are all sitting around the table?  Well, the expression on the father was a lot like Chucks.  LOL.  So I got him a ham.  And Brandon helped him eat it. hahaha
 

Boo loves to play with his Poppa, but he got tired of me yelling...
"say cheese" so he started to ignore me.  Here's Poppa trying to get him to look at me, yet again.

 

I don't like having my picture taken, but since I was dressed up, I thought I would take advantage of the situation.

Now for your utter enjoyment and out loud laughter, my pinterest wannabes....or... how I totally suck at cake decorating.


Now this is what the cake was suppose to look like...
 ...and this is how I killed it!
Now for the cookies.  This is what they were suppose to look like...
 ....and this is what they looked like!
Go ahead...laugh...we did!  At least they tasted better then they looked. :0)
So how was your Easter?
Be blessed,
Debbi

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I wrote this up in google chrome, and it looks good under edit, but when I publish it...I can't get it to lay right in IE....how frustrating.

Unknown said...

oh what a wonderful post!!!! looks like you had a wonderful time with yoru family and your creations look wonderful!!!! you did a great job!!!

Unknown said...

I love pinterest!!!!

sarah said...

I'm glad you had fun! My dad feels the same way as Chuck does about meat, so I can imagine the look on his face very well.

Sumaya at Evocative Vintage said...

What a fun post! Good chuckle I had reading this post....lol. The treats look scrumptious:)

Unknown said...

oh, I do too! and now I'm also hooked on Wanelo...it is more about retail shopping, so I'm finding great prices on my shoes. hahaha

Unknown said...

it was kind of funny when I told him...and when I brought the leftover ham home with me, my son-in-law was sad, so I sent some back to him. :0)

Unknown said...

they did taste pretty good. I'd rather bake then cook, but when it comes to frosting, I just suck. hahahaha. I need to take a cake course at Michaels. :0)

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016