Thursday, April 4, 2013

the day after Easter

Yesterday I shared with you the fun we had at Amanda's house for Easter dinner.  
Today I'll show you the day after....lol
Owen asked to come home with us after Easter dinner and of course, we said YES!  He hasn't slept over in months, he's been in a "I have to sleep in my bed" funk lately and after having to take him home at 10 pm in my pajamas, we dropped the subject.  Well, on Easter he decided that he wanted to sleep over again.  And this time he waited till 9 to cry to go home, but by the time Amanda got to my house to get him, he had fallen asleep, so he did finally get to spend the night...again.  On Monday, Amanda and D met us at the local greenhouse as we plotted and planned our vegetable garden.
 Owen loved running from greenhouse to greenhouse looking at all the little plants.  He liked the colorful flowers best, but this trip was all about our future dinners.
When I wasn't looking, he got a hold of my camera, and took this picture.  Not bad, for a 4 year old.
We filled the back of the truck with 10 flats of the basic vegetables.  And we're still looking for more.  
Owen was pretty tired by the time we were back in the truck and on our way home.  He sill had a busy day ahead of him, meeting his other Gramma Debbie who came in from Washington State for a visit, and a birthday party in the park for his cousin.  What a social butterfly.  This is him with his Aunt Hannah.
The weather turned cold and wet, so our garden is in our enclosed back deck for now.  Chuck and Hannah manged to put in 3 rows of corn, but I want more.  So, who else is planting this summer?
Be blessed,
Debbi

7 comments:

2justByou said...

Owen too a very nice photo! I wish I could fill a truck full of flats of veggies to plant (well, hubby would plant them, not me). He's just getting started with his gardening. This morning it has been raining nonstop!
~Kim
www.2justByou.com

Miss Val's Creations said...

What wonderful photos! It must be so flattering having him want to sleep over (even though he changes his mind at bedtime)! I would love to plant veggies but can barely keep up with my yard work as it is. Someday I definitely intend to grow a variety of goodies.

momto8 said...

looks and sounds like a wonderful Easter for everyone! good for all of you!! I hope my soon to be grandchild wants to stay with us!!

Trina Prenzi said...

Beautiful pictures, thank you for sharing! Sounds like you all had a wonderful Easter weekend!

Colette said...

Looks like it was a fun after Easter day. Love the pictures :-)

Foxburrow Vintage said...

Hello from the Mercantile Muse blog linkup! What a fun day that seems! Still too cold to plant anything in New England!!

Thunder Rose said...

Love all the pictures. Your gardens gonna look so pretty!

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016