Friday, April 5, 2013

Shopping for the garden

Believe it or not, yesterday we had some hail mixed in with our rain.  I am glad that we held off putting the vegetable plants in the garden.  But by this afternoon, the sun should be out, and stay out!  I can't wait for my summertime.  But since we are still housebound today, I thought I would do a little shopping for all my gardens.  I have 5, so lets's shop for all 5.
First my vegetables...

I love these!!!!  What a great way to mark my garden rows before the weeds take over.  I found these right away in the shop of litlbit59  on the Etsy site.  Each one is handpainted and sealed with Rustoleum paint and primer to withstand the wind and rain.  Of course, I would probably have a problem with Owen playing with them and moving them around, lol.


Next is my herb garden.  Last year I was depending on my memory when I was cooking, but let me tell you that while oregano and marjoram look the same, they sure don't taste the same!  I found these stone plant markers at Handmade Artists.  Go check out the shop of kpdreams, where you will find all kinds of signage, outdoors and indoors.  One of my favs is "we don't skinny dip, we chunky dunk". 
hahahahaha




Every butterfly garden needs bushes, and nectar laden flowers and fruits, but did you know that butterflies also need a place to sleep?  I've had several of these butterfly houses, but they were only white.  I bet the bright colors of this house would attract the butterflies home each night.  I found this in the Etsy shop of BeeGracious




I have a rose garden on the side of my house, with about 15 bushes in it.  The thing I love best about this garden (besides the awesome smells) is that this is where I use most of my outdoor decor.  Mostly because this is the part of the yard where the kids usually don't play.  So I thought this handpainted gourd birdhouse would look great hanging from a shepherds pole.  I found this pretty one in the shop of ChaseYourDreams at Handmade Artists. 
You'll also find some great gourd birdhouses in the shop of Wyndwalker Creations



My last garden is the pond in my front yard.  I've never done much with it, but now that we have ducks, I better get it ready.  I don't want them using my swimming pool. hahaha.  The kids would probably enjoy that though.  Since it's for the ducks, I can't do too much with the pond, but since it's under a tree, the solar light jars from Sunworx would be great.  In this shop you'll find lots of different designs, but I chose this moon and stars one.  A perfect nightlight for my little duckie babies.

So, are you ready for your summer gardens?  How many do you have?
Be blessed,
Debbi

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Great finds Debbi! I'm actually redesigning my garden. Very big job!
Visiting from Blogging Buddies
www.cresslerphotography.blogspot.com

Teresa Kline said...

lots of great stuff, thanks for sharing!

enjoy *~*

KPDreams said...

Very nice. Thank you for featuring my garden markers. I love the various items, especially those solar jar lights. Have a great day!

Breezy Brie said...

I'm so excited that I have a house so now I can have a garden!! Do I really need to be planning for that already? I better get on it! I'm so excited :) I'll probably start pretty little but it should be fun :)

Brie - Breezy Pink Daisies

Frankie said...

Thank You for including our Butterfly House and recognizing our Etsy Shop ~ We greatly appreciate YOU!

Yes,indeed butterflies are attracted to color. They have decreased about 50% in the last 20 years. Anything thing we can do to help protect them is a GOOD thing!

BeeGracious http://www.beegracious.etsy.com
Frankie

Unknown said...

yea for the new house! and yes, start planning now...I make plans all year long, but only half actually ever happens. lol
Debbi

myeuropeantouch said...

Loverly, loverly Debbi....I can imagening it right now....

Thunder Rose said...

I love all these items. Great post!

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016