Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Handmade Artists feature....it's Springtime!

We're on week 2 of our new promotional ring set up at HandmadeArtists.  The theme is still spring but we get to choose any shops we like, so I thought I would go back and revisit some old blogging buddies that I have not heard from in a while to see what that are up to today.
First up....Finding Charm.

Sarah has a jewelry shop on Etsy, and that's where I found this wonderful butterfly locket necklace.  It's one of my favorites, and butterflies sure do say spring.  And the color of this pendant is just a plus for me. :0)
While checking out her blog, I've learned that she has had some major changes in her life lately, a new job, and a loss of someone special to her.
"Sarah...I've been thinking about you, and hope to see you back in the blogging world real soon."
Ok, so red, white, and blue is traditionally for the 4th of July, and Tammy from TamsJewelry calls this a 4th of July anklet.  And yes, July is summer not spring, but let's think how I can use this with our theme, because I love this anklet!  I've got it, Memorial Day!  Yeah, that will work.  :0)
Tam was the blog ring queen when I first joined HandmadeArtists, but had to pass on the duties of queen because she was going back to school.  I hope she comes back soon, since even though I love wearing the crown, lol, we miss her in the ring.  And lest I forget, you can get this awesome design in a full jewelry set, to deck out every part of your body. 

You want to know what else speaks springtime to me? Flip flops, sandals, bare feet.  Of course, around my house and with all these chickens, you are being brave to run in my yard in your bare feet. hahaha.  In my shop you'll find several pairs of flip flops all decked out to show off your pretty little tootsies while keeping your feet safe from whatever is lurking on the ground, like these fun blue flower flip flops.  I liked the flowers when I first saw the pattern, they are suppose to be for buttons, but hey, I'm difficult you know.  So I crocheted around the straps of these comfy blue flip flops and then added the flowers.  Love them, but my feet are too big, these flip flops are an extra small.  But if you really like them, I can make them in any size you need, just call me.  We'll do lunch. :0P

So that's it for this weeks artists feature from the Handmade Artists Forum.  
Come and visit us there, we have tons of fun.
Be blessed,
Debbi

16 comments:

The Alchemist said...

Great feature. You even touched on where folks are, I have been curious about that. What a fun post, all decked out for tea in the backyard!

Your Invisible Crown said...

Liking the red, white and blue of the anklet

Finding Charm said...

Thank you so much Yankee Burrow Creations! It's so sweet you noticed I've been missing. I have had a lot of change for sure. My new job is awesome! About time a found a good fit. Been 6 weeks now. At the same time I lost my great aunt who lives up the street from me. I've been going through her house prepping it for an estate sale. Think I'll be done this week. Once that's all over, I'll be able to get back into more action. Again, thank you for the feature!

must love junk said...

Such fun items! Thanks for sharing :)
Susan

Unknown said...

Fun post and equally fun items!

Thunder Rose said...

Great post Debbi! Lots of fun items. I really love that butterfly!

Colette said...

This is a very fun feature. I like all the colorful creations you picked.

Unknown said...

thanks...I may not comment in the forums much, but I stalk and notice who's missing...so you better not disappear or I'll come looking for you. hahaha

Unknown said...

that's one of my favorite pieces in her shop. :0)

Unknown said...

oh, you're very welcome...I'm sorry about your aunt, but I'm glad you're liking your new job. :0)

Unknown said...

hahahaha. me too, the kids were out back yesterday running thru the sprinkler, and the ducks were watching closely. I was hoping they would join the kids, but I think the screaming kept them away. LOL

Unknown said...

thank you for visiting.

Unknown said...

thanks...I love doing these features...I love handmade. :0)

Unknown said...

isn't it gorgeous????

Unknown said...

awww, thanks Colette...it's your turn soon. I'm looking forward to sharing your shop!
Debbi

Mulchandmore said...

Love;y finds,the butterfly is my colors too:) And love the thought of chickens running in a yard, even it's it's not my yard anymore:) but make yourself a pair of those beautiful flip flops.

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016