Friday, May 24, 2013

My Friday finds...at The Craft Star

Yep, I've done it...I've opened another shop.  This one is at The Craft Star and will carry our vintage and vintage inspired items.  I only have a few handmade jewelry pieces there so far, and I'm still learning my way around the shop and forum, but today I want to share what I found there...

Isn't this pink and white bracelet cool? I love the look of the pattern with the middle white beads.  It's handwoven and closes with a magnetic clasp.  I love those clasps...no running for help when putting it on. 
You can find this piece and many many others at the shop of JenJohnson42

Last Tuesday, while I was on the site playing with my shop, I got an invite to their meet and greet.  At the bottom of the site page are chat room boxes, much like you'll find on facebook.  So you can connect to others with just one click.  Like I said...cool. :0)

Speaking of cool, look at this etched copper bracelet from FonteNoir.  Isn't it awesome???  You want to know what else is awesome?  On the item page, if you mouse over the picture, it will magnify that section for great close ups on the item you are looking at.  Try it...you'll like it.

Now back to last Tuesday, I accepted the invite thinking I was just going to a chat room and "talk" to some other shop owners.  But on Tuesdays (and Wednesdays I think) they have a LIVE meet and greet.  Bethan chooses artists/shop owners and interviews them and you get to watch it live, and learn a little background of the artists you purchase from...like I said...pretty cool!

A new "thing" at The Craft Star is vintage.  They have opened their site, and their arms, for artists like me, that just love vintage.  And that's where I found this wonderful starburst clock.  I remember seeing many like this when I was growing up in the late 60's.  I found this clock in the shop of Retrosideshow

There are clubs in the CraftStar forum, somewhat like a team, but better.  You join the club simply by participating in a discussion, no invitation needed.  And you can come and go as needed, so no major requirements, which is nice for those times of life when there is just no extra time.

The last item I would like to share is this vintage book on the Lawrence Welk Show.    I remember watching this show with my Daddy.  It was one of his favorites, along with HeeHaw.  I wasn't crazy about this show, but I was crazy about my Daddy, and spending time with him was worth sitting through this show.  I found this in the shop of Red Shoe Affair

Being creative makes me content, and collecting vintage makes me remember, and smile.  And The Craft Star gives me the best of both worlds.  It's a new site, and still growing, so they have some growing pains.  There is no "perfect" site, but TCS has the potential to be amazing.  Check it out and decide for yourself.  You'll find me there under Yankee Burrow Vintage.

Be blessed,
Debbi

12 comments:

Isobel Morrell said...

Good luck with your new line - but my word, ain't you a killer for punishment! Where on earth will you get the time for this, and everything else!

Unknown said...

Hi Debbi! Welcome to thecraftstar! You have found some great items - that bracelet is fabulous. Thanks for featuring my starburst clock. Best of luck to you with your new shop.

Jen42 said...

Debbi -- Thanks so much for featuring my bracelet! Good luck with your new vintage shop, and welcome to The CraftStar! You're gonna love it!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much! I am enjoying being on The Craftstar and I hope you enjoy your experience as well.

Heather Duby-Tharpe said...

Thank you so much for featuring my bracelet! Welcome to The Craftstar, it really is a lovely community! Thanks Again!! :)

Trina Prenzi said...

Wishing you good luck with your new shop!! Love all the items you featured today!! :)

Unknown said...

why, thank you Isobel...and as for finding time, I'll just give up sleeping. lol
Debbi

Unknown said...

thank you for the welcome. it seems like a very nice place with some really awesome items. I love having a place to sell my vintage.
Debbi

Unknown said...

Thank you Jen...I think I'm gonna love it too. :0)
Debbi

Unknown said...

Your welcome. and it seems to be a great place.
Debbi

Unknown said...

you're welcome. I look forward to getting to know everyone there. One can never have too many friends. lol
Debbi

Unknown said...

thank you Trina!
Debbi

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016