Thursday, June 20, 2013

my dream vacations...

In the Handmade Artists blog ring, we have been sharing items with the theme vacation.  So I thought I would share what my personal dream vacation ideas have been...

a dude ranch!  While we have had horses, and I've loved horses since I was a kid, the idea of a midwest dude ranch has always piqued my interest.  The whole idea of following a mountain trail on the back of a horse, camping under the stars, and eating beans from a can...don't laugh, that IS my idea of fun.  And that's why I wanted to show you this amazing painting on slate of horses and mountains from bjsgourdartetc.
You all may also remember that I have a fondness for the beach...most any beach as long as it's not too crowded.  I think that's why we keep going back to the Outer Banks here in NC.  And with any vacation, one of the nice parts is NO COOKING.  No, I do not look for hotels with kitchens, hahaha.  So this sweet beachcomber soft wallet would work great when we're walking the boardwalk looking for souvenirs or dinner.  I found this in the shop of Excess Bags N More.

And of course, the place we vacation the most is back home in New York...mostly for family weddings.  For my last 2 nieces weddings, I painted for them wedding banners for their cars and/or head tables.  The one on the left was for Jennifer and John and was based on their own invitation, and the one on the right was for Janine and Matt and incorporated the art work of my late mother.  They were both big hits.
This last one is an original design I did for our niece on my husbands side...these banners are painted on vinyl and sealed against the weather (just don't leave them out in a down pour), and they will become a great keepsake of the special day.  You can order a banner for your special day, or special couple, by just visiting my shop at Handmade Artists.  
Enjoy your summer, and your own special family vacations.
Be blessed,
Debbi

8 comments:

Thunder Rose said...

Great post Debbi ! You are a very talented woman! I love that horse painting too! What a cool dream you have!
Blessings!
D~

2justByou said...

The horses are beautiful. My oldest daughter has loved horses since before she was 2 years old. For her 2nd birthday, she asked for a horse. We could never have a real live horse, so we bought her a collectors set of figures. She was so excited, but after the initial excitement, she asked, "Do I still get a real one too?"
And, of course, my family LOVES the beach!
~Kim

Colette said...

What a great collection here Debbi. That horse painting is just beautiful, and the just married painting is just too cute!

Unknown said...

thanks Debbie...when I take that dude ranch trip to the midwest, I'll be looking for you! lol
Debbi

Unknown said...

awwww Pam, you make me blush! lol

Unknown said...

lol...every kid should have a horse sometime. I always wanted one, but God waited till I was 48 before he gave me one...so tell your little girl to never give up on her dream. :0)
Debbi

Unknown said...

thank you Colette. painting is my favorite craft, and I don't do it as much as I would like...
Debbi

Your Invisible Crown said...

That painting is amazing, and I like your banners, great idea to put them up on the table with the cake.

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016