Friday, July 26, 2013

What's new with handmade

It's been a while since I've checked out some other sites to see what's new "with the competition". hahaha.  Not really, the best part of being part of the handmade community is the support we give to each other. :0)


Over at Handmade Artists, I found this really cool feather mask.
It's made of papier mache and beautiful turkey feathers. 
 I found this in the shop of Dara Gallery.

I love things that speak to our nations Native American history, (plus hubby is part Cherokee) so when I saw this handpainted gourd bowl, I knew I had to share it with you.  Done in a traditional pattern, you can find many more pieces in the shop of bjsgourtartetc


Over on Etsy, I found this beautiful watercolor painting of feathers.  This is an original painting, not a print and you really need to visit the shop to see the colors...very bright and vivid!  The artist is Rakla, and her talent is amazing. 


After Etsy, I popped over to Artfire.  I haven't been there in ages!  
I love this embroidered terry hand towel and if it was mine, and I caught some one actually put their wet hands on it????  Well, let me tell you, it would be ON! lol.  There are tons of other beautiful items in the shop of Velvet Hearts.


And to end this post, I had to visit my new haunt, The Craft Star.
Just lookie at what I found!!!!  The cutest baby cowboy boots, I need these for Quintin!
 You can find the sweetest baby stuff in the shop of 

Did you realize that Christmas is just around the corner?  AGHHHHH. lol.
You can get a jumpstart on your decorating with this gorgeous handpainted ornament for your tree.  It's a wooden egg, so you won't have to worry about it falling and breaking, if you're like me and keep your tree up until it's almost bald. :0)
Stop by Bryn and Jeremiah's shop to see this, and many more handmade decorations.  And it's not just for Christmas.

Well, that's my shopping spree for today.  Pick a link, any link, and have fun shopping for yourself.
Be blessed,
Debbi

5 comments:

Your Invisible Crown said...

Lovely finds, the bowl looks amazing, I like the pattern.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the feature :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the feature :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the feature :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the feature :)

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016