Thursday, January 2, 2014

Hello to Handmade!

Hello 2014...and Hello to Handmade.  Let's make this year the year of handmade because buying handmade is buying quality...and family.  When you shop at your local small businesses, or purchase handmade at craft shows and on-line, you are supporting family.  Let's see what I can find today....
...according to Pantone, the color of this year is Radiant Orchid.
Isn't that just GORGEOUS!!!
So, now let's go shopping...

I generally don't shop at Etsy anymore...but I thought today, aw, why not.  I was so pleased to find this handmade Kumihimo bracelet in the shop of Sparkleez Crystals
 If you love bling like I do, you'll love this shop.
Over at Handmade Artists the first thing that popped up was this beautiful Orchid Lavender Knit Headband created by my friend Sandi at iKnitQuiltSew.  I especially like the flower, and with the cold weather across the nation, this looks toasty and warm. :-)
Now on to The Craft Star, and these very pretty Layered Heart Tags in the shop of Cards and More by Sheri.  You can find so many uses for these cards, gift giving, scrap booking, or string them together for an awesome banner.
And now for some self-promoting...here is my Radiant Orchid Lilac Beaded Handbag.  I have lots of other stuff too in my shop...
and





So, what do you have that's Radiant Orchid?

Be blessed,
Debbi

7 comments:

Sandi Levy said...

I love how the things you chose are all so different but work so well together! Thanks so much for including my headband!

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Debbi,
I agree buying from small business is the best. Your picks are great. I love your shop too. Such pretty stuff. Happy New Year. Wishing you a prosperous New Year.
Kris

Pamela Bates said...

Oh my that bracelet is pretty....enjoy th we son ;)

2justByou said...

I'm loving all the radiant orchid. =0) The bracelet is dazzling!

Your Invisible Crown said...

Thinking about it, I don't have anything in my home that's purple! Even though it's such a pretty colour.

SarahBeth said...

Love your beaded purse -- and the fact that the beads are crocheted in, very nice!
So glad you stopped by my blog -- it's nice to hear from you! Have a wonderful New Year!

Anna Urquhart said...

Love these picks, especially that bracelet - wow! Handmade is always my preference.

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016