Friday, January 3, 2014

Our Family Christmas Gift

This year, Chuck and I decided that we spend way too much money on stuff that kids don't really need, or they grow out of, or stop playing with, or break, or lose.  So this year we decided to make family memories.
The weekend before Christmas we all went to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee to see the Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede Christmas show.  But before the show we did some sightseeing.  Our hotel was right on the main strip, and the kids were so excited looking at all the lights and parks and shops.  On Saturday afternoon we went to the Hollywood Wax Museum.  The exhibits weren't the best, a lot of them didn't even look like the celebrities they were suppose to portray.  But we had fun anyway.  Here's some pictures.

The front desk at the hotel told us to just drive down the road and look for the giant gorilla.  It was big, lol


There's me with my heart throb...
Hey Johnny!!!
Kiss me you fool.


Hannah wanted a snack, so she was thinking of sharing a box of chocolates. 
After all, what is life but a box of chocolates?




Now to work off those extra calories.



Personally I think Lucy looks demented here, but this was my mother's favorite episode of her favorite show.





Run Boys Run!!!




Hey, watch the cane their buddy. heehee


Hannah loves this series of movies...
Owen is such a cutie :-)


And we ended the tour with Brandon's favorite musician.  You should see this boy try to dance like Michael.  He's always a big hit at family weddings. lol

Well, that was what we did before lunch...

What do you do to make memories?

Be blessed,
Debbi

6 comments:

Your Invisible Crown said...

Hope Hannah liked the chocolates :-)

Art and Sand said...

I love the idea of events rather than presents no one really needs.

Since 2013, our family did a vacation at Christmas. We went to many different ski locations and last year to Kauai. This year our daughter changed jobs and did not have the time off to take our annual vacation. It was kind of fun to be home and going big on presents for a change.

Johnny was saving his kises for me. My favorite JD film is Chocolat.

2justByou said...

Debbi, this looks like such awesome fun! I think for next year, we'll do something like this. It just seems fitting to make memories that will last a lifetime. =0)
~Kim
PS - To answer your question on my blog post today, I love my new toothbrush. I don't need a fancy battery-operated brush, and these cost the same as some of the manual brushes available, but it's a one-for-one company AND eco-friendly. I'm a fan. =0) I actually can't wait for the 3 months to be up so I can try the recycling. LOL

hopeandjoyhome said...

Very cool! You were in my neck of the woods..but I haven't been to the wax museum yet. I agree..memories and time together are much better than "stuff"!

Unknown said...

This looks like so much fun! I am definitely adding this to my list of places to visit someday!!!

Miss Val's Creations said...

These are a riot! I must agree that Lucy looks a little crazy there. What a fun place to visit with the family.

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016