Friday, December 27, 2013

And the feet goes on....

I love family.
I love tradition.
I miss my kids being little. 
 I love having grand-babies.
And with all that being said, I would like to share with you the lion baby slippers I made for my newest grandson Quintin.
As you can see by the picture above, I had originally made slippers for my kids when they were little.  My son got his slippers for Christmas when he was about 11 and wore them until he was a teenager.  I had packed them up when he moved out as an adult.  When Quintin was born, I pulled them out of my cedar chest with the intention of making a new pair for him.  After a quick google search, I actually found the vintage pattern book, which I just had to order.  As you can see, the new slippers were a big hit. :0)
And daddy's slippers still fit too.  LOL
I decided to list these slippers in my shop for your children and grandchildren too.
I have them listed in my The Craft Star shop and offer them in the size you need, and will be adding other animals soon.  If you would like a pair for your special little one, just give me the measurement of the child's foot at the time of your order, and within 2 weeks, they'll be on their way.
What is your favorite animal?
Be blessed,
Debbi

4 comments:

Your Invisible Crown said...

I love the slippers, I bet they are very warm and comfy!

hopeandjoyhome said...

Those are fab! I couldn't knit/crochet my way out of a paper bag! My fav animal lately is our new puppy! My daughter has a thing for squirrels and giraffes.

Miss Val's Creations said...

These are absolutely adorable!!!! That is awesome you could find this vintage pattern. I bet they will be a great seller. Everyone loves the lion! Happy New Year!

Pamela Bates said...

those are awesome!!! twinny slippers! my mom once made my doll the same skirt she made me for christmas. Happy New Year Debbi!

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016