Wednesday, April 9, 2014

TBN book review - No Greatness Without Goodness

I recently requested a book for review from Tyndale Blog Network titled "No Greatness Without Goodness" by Randy Lewis.  As a mother of a special needs child, I often wonder what his future holds as an adult, and this true story of how Randy Lewis, a former Walgreens Senior Vice President, revolutionized that company to be able to offer a normal working life to disabled adults captivated me.
I had seen a part of a tv show where the hosts were talking about how the Walgreens work force is about 10% disabled, and the thought just stuck with me.  Then my great-nephew was born with Down's syndrome, and we decided to adopt our son.  So, when this book came up for review, I jumped on it.  But first let me tell you a little bit about Randy Lewis. Here is his bio from the TBN website.

Randy Lewis, former Vice President of Walgreens, Peace Corps volunteer, Fortune 50 executive and accidental advocate, led Walgreens' logistics division for sixteen years as the chain grew from 1,500 to 8,000 stores. Randy introduced an inclusive model in Walgreens distribution centers that resulted in ten percent of its workforce consisting of people with disabilities who are held to the same standards as those without disabilities. Its success has changed the lives of thousands with and without disabilities and is serving as a model for other employers in the U.S and abroad. 



When I received the book, I started to read it right away, and from page one I was captivated...the chapters are short and it is an easy read, but hard to put down.  Randy is an inspiration to others who love "special" people.  We need to fight and dream for those who are unable to fight and dream for themselves.  I give this book a big 5 stars!!!!

Until next time,
Be blessed,
Debbi

 TBN provided me with a complimentary copy of this book for review.

No comments:

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016