Thursday, May 22, 2014

Throw Back Thursday - Wonderful Vintage for Great Memories

For this throw-back Thursday, I thought I would go searching for some great vintage items that brings me great memories.
I'm a big kid at heart, and you can read about my vintage Fisher Price collection here, but I felt in the mood to look for other games today.

Who remembers this? The Mystery Date Game.  I loved it, but somehow I always ended up with Poindexter.  I spent many hours with my girlfriends dreaming about the time we would be old enough to have a "real" date.  hahaha.  I've seen updated reproductions but I found this original 1965 game on Ebay.
Now for fun, I found the commercial for this game.


How about the Spirograph?  I loved sitting there for hours just going round and round making cool shapes.  And those little tacks you used to hold the main ring in place were great to hold in your palm and then stick your brother in the arm or leg.  Of course, I never did that. :0)

And this last toy was my very favorite doll and best friend growing up.  Mattel's Chatty Cathy. We didn't have much when I was little, and most everything I did have was a hand-me-down, so I knew my mom and dad really scraped money together to get me this doll when it was new.  Man, I wish I still had her.

Check out her commercial.


If you would like to purchase any of these items, just click on the link.

So, what was your favorite toy when you were a child?

Be blessed,
Debbi

7 comments:

Your Invisible Crown said...

I loved the spirograph, bought one last year :-)

Unknown said...

My favourite toys were my rollerskates! Have a great weekend Debbi!

Unknown said...

really???? I have to get myself one!
Debbi

Unknown said...

me too. I had those skates that hooks on to your shoes, and you needed a key to make them fit. :0)
Debbi

2justByou said...

Spirograph!!! Three cheers for the spirograph!!!
Have a great weekend. =0)

Debbie said...

I never had my own Spirograph, but my friend did and we spent hours creating swirly pictures. I loved it!

I think the Mystery Date Game advert is great! It is not a game I am familiar with, but it was nice to see that behind the door was a fully clothed man, whereas these days they would probably by semi naked.

Miss Val's Creations said...

I loved the Spirograph! Being born in 1974, I was really into games like Operation and Hungry Hungry Hippos. I believe they both still exist today! Cabbage Patch Dolls were my generation. They were so hard to get but luckily my mom worked in the Sears catalog department at the time and could get me one.

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016