Friday, June 27, 2014

Friday Artist Feature - Gerda Collins

I love art.  There is just something so relaxing and soul satisfying about art.  Yes, I know, some art is created to make you feel, and react, and all of that, but sometimes we just need to enjoy what is sweet, and pretty, and soft.  And that is the kind of art you'll find in Gerdas Garden.
Here is a great print of her watercolor Morning Glories.  I love watching these grow wild (usually in my vegetable garden) and the colors are so pretty.
This is what Gerda herself has to say about her artwork...
"My work has a softer caste to it, that is on purpose. I seek a gentler way and a kinder spirit to reach out to the world."
I couldn't agree more.  I've also discovered that Gerda is busy with her 2 other shops...
How adorable is this pink pom pom hat?  You can find all sorts of cute crochet items in her shop Gerdas Goodies.  She does some sewing also, and makes nice totes and bags.
In her shop Gerdas Garage is where she has collected her vintage items, like this awesome Graceland Pink Purse.  Yep, Gerda is a woman after my own heart, handmade and vintage....you can never have too much of either.
Click on any of the links above and go visit this wonderful woman, and tell her I said "hey". :0)
Be blessed,
Debbi


3 comments:

Gerda said...

Thanks for featuring my shops. Your blog is very nice.

Your Invisible Crown said...

What a pretty pink purse!

Miss Val's Creations said...

Another talented artisan. The morning glories are beautiful. I love vintage!

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016