Monday, August 4, 2014

My Late Friday Featured Artist - Myeuropeantouch

Between a crazy last week, and canning my harvest this week, I totally missed my Friday featured artist....and now it's Monday.  Opps.  Mybad.
My featured artist is one of my favorite people, Monkia from My European Touch.


I first "met" Monkia years ago on Etsy when I fell in love with one of her mosaic-ed violins.  It was amazing!  And Monika's talent with mosaic just gets better with time.  Let's see what new in her Handmade Artist shop.

Monika has created works of art on almost anything you can think of...and cake domes are her latest wonders.  I have seen many of these disappear (sold) soon after she lists them, so if you love this, don't wait!

Monika started "playing" with mosaics when she was just a little girl in Germany, and her keen eye and gentle touch just keeps getting better and better.  (She's only a little older now). :0)

I like the swirls of color on this photo frame.  So modern feeling, yet simply shabby.  And that cameo in the corner is just perfect.

I got to meet Monkia in person last fall during our trip to Florida.  She is such a sweetheart...a kindred spirit.  I wrote all about our visit, with pictures.

Now here is what attracted me to Monika the first time I saw it...

No, this is not the same one from years ago, but isn't this violin BEAUTIMUS?
Such patience, and talent!  Amazing!

Monika also draws, and paints, and sews, but I am just in love with her mosaics.
You can find MyEuropeanTouch at all these places...


Be blessed,
Debbi

6 comments:

myeuropeantouch said...

Debbi, girlfriend you made me weep, what a sweet write up, thank you my sister...♥

Unknown said...

Luv her talent

Anonymous said...

Great post. Monika shows her European heritage in her work.

John

Miss Val's Creations said...

Monika's work is stunning! I LOVE the violin. So elegant.

Thunder Rose said...

Oh, I love the picture frame! It is so stunning like all of Monika's artwork. I went over to see you all visiting in Florida, how awesome. It was so fun to everyone.
Great blog post Debbi!

Unknown said...

I love her cake domes, they look yummy enough to eat! Sweet post Debbi!

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016